Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forgiveness

5 posters

Go down

Forgiveness Empty Forgiveness

Post by Night-Reaper Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 pm

If you have a family member or friend and they stole from you. What would you do? Could you forgive that person? Would you forgive that person? What if you did forgive a friend or a family member and they stole again from you? What would you do then?

If you are in a relationship and the other person cheated on you. Could you forgive that person that you love, or would you end the relationship regardless. One strike, your out.

How many times is it worth forgiving a person who just keeps taking advantage of you and keeps hurting you, yet you may love and care about that person? People do deserve a second chance yes, however, there are limits.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Forgiveness Empty Re: Forgiveness

Post by xshivx Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:05 am

I am the most forgiving person in the whole world, my brother has stolen offf me more than once and is back in prison, he has treated the whole family like crap, and im still writing to him in prison!

every relationship i've had i've always been hurt by the significant other and have been cheated on aswell. I've always forgiven them, but now i am on my own

I think it's good to forgive people it's upto that person weather they let you down or not, but i am very loyal to the people i love, yet if it gets to the point where i can't give anymore then i tend to not talk to that person again so save the hurt, but it takes a lot for me to do that lol xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:43 am

Night-Reaper wrote:If you have a family member or friend and they stole from you. What would you do? Could you forgive that person? Would you forgive that person? What if you did forgive a friend or a family member and they stole again from you? What would you do then?
I forgive anyone who ask me for forgiveness no matter what the infraction. That does not mean that I would necessarily trust them again or invite them to my home again, without very careful attention to their every move. If it were a family member such as my children, well, frankly, I don't know how to answer you because everything we own belongs to each other. I suppose if one of the children took something out of my jewelry box I'd be crushed, but I would ask myself and him/her:"What's the matter here? Drugs? What?"....and get them help pronto, as any loving parent would/should do. I would look past the act and act on the root of the problem.

If you are in a relationship and the other person cheated on you. Could you forgive that person that you love, or would you end the relationship regardless. One strike, your out.
When I was single, been there...and yes, I forgave them. The second time, I forgave them but there was zero chance of it happening a third time because I cut my losses and got out of the relationship.
As a married person, if that were to happen, it would be worth it to me to do all I could to save the marriage and would hope that my husband would seek joint counseling. If he wouldn't and kept on cheating, well...I guess he would have really made the decision that the marriage is over and, in that case, I would have to respect his lack of respect for me and our vows.

How many times is it worth forgiving a person who just keeps taking advantage of you and keeps hurting you, yet you may love and care about that person? People do deserve a second chance yes, however, there are limits.
To me, it is right to always forgive. How many times before I would distance myself from this person would depend on their relationship to me.

Last edited by HotParadox on Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:44 am

well said HP Very Happy xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:47 am

xshivx wrote:well said HP Very Happy xxx
Ty, xs! ...except I edited it just a tad!
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:00 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:If you have a family member or friend and they stole from you. What would you do? Could you forgive that person? Would you forgive that person? What if you did forgive a friend or a family member and they stole again from you? What would you do then?
I forgive anyone who ask me for forgiveness no matter what the infraction. That does not mean that I would necessarily trust them again or invite them to my home again, without very careful attention to their every move. If it were a family member such as my children, well, frankly, I don't know how to answer you because everything we own belongs to each other. I suppose if one of the children took something out of my jewelry box I'd be crushed, but I would ask myself and him/her:"What's the matter here? Drugs? What?"....and get them help pronto, as any loving parent would/should do. I would look past the act and act on the root of the problem.

When I was single, been there...and yes, I forgave them. The second time, I forgave them but there was zero chance of it happening a third time because I cut my losses and got out of the relationship.
As a married person, if that were to happen, it would be worth it to me to do all I could to save the marriage and would hope that my husband would seek joint counseling. If he wouldn't and kept on cheating, well...I guess he would have really made the decision that the marriage is over and, in that case, I would have to respect his lack of respect for me and our vows.

To me, it is right to always forgive. How many times before I would distance myself from this person would depend on their relationship to me.
Hey HP, I argee with Xshivx, Well said.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:35 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

Hey HP, I argee with Xshivx, Well said.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Basically I really do think that you said it fo all of us.

My rule.

first time forgotten
second time forgiven
third time hit the road jack

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:24 am

I think HP said it well. Personally I forgave the cheater, but I never could trust them again. There's no acceptable excuse for cheating.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content