Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat.

+3
HotParadox
Night-Reaper
CarolinaHound
7 posters

Go down

5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat. Empty 5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat.

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:02 pm

There's just something wrong when a 5-foot-10, 120-pound woman is told she is too fat. I don't care if she is a model.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_model_fired_for_being_too_fat.html

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat. Empty Re: 5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat.

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:35 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:There's just something wrong when a 5-foot-10, 120-pound woman is told she is too fat. I don't care if she is a model.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_model_fired_for_being_too_fat.html

I agree with you. Ralph Lauren needs to have his eyes adjusted properly, because Filippa Hamilton is one smokin hot model. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat. Empty Re: 5-foot-10, 120-pound and fired for being too fat.

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:There's just something wrong when a 5-foot-10, 120-pound woman is told she is too fat. I don't care if she is a model.

I agree with you. Ralph Lauren needs to have his eyes adjusted properly, because Filippa Hamilton is one smokin hot model. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

You ain't lyin! I think he'd be more into a Philip than a Filippa though. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:08 pm

I can't tell you how much this disgusts me. This is why so many women, some who live in the richest country on the planet and some who are themselves wealthy, are starving their bodies and literally dying.
And it's not just young women and teenage girls. The constant messages the media sends and the low self esteem of many women is partly to blame. And some men, too, are victims.
I understand that there is a campaign in some European countries to set a limit as to how thin a model is allowed to be. This came after the death of some famous Italian model who died from this pseudo-disease. Starving yourself is not a disease-it's nuts.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:14 pm

You said that right HP.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:24 pm

Ya. i think so. But there are those who think it's a disease and that, to me, is part of the problem today, with so many of these so-called diseases. Everything's a disease. Used to be that your head just wasn't right and you needed to straighten yourself out. Used to be that you over drink or under eat, etc. Now, they make it easy for people to use their various 'diseases' as a crutch and as an excuse to stay sick in their head.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:33 pm

I agree. I think that's why I never got anything out of the AA meetings I went to when I was drinking. They treat it as a disease and it's not. It's an addiction. Cancer and aids are deseases, they're something no one has any hope to control on their own. Addiction is a lack of self-control and will power, be it a personal flaw or just not willing to enforce the will power. I'm likely to catch some flack over that, but that's what I see it as.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:36 pm

Oh ya, and if we posted this over the other place they'd have us tarred and feathered. I agree totally with your post and I happen to think that you prove the doubters wrong.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 pm

No, I'm just proof that God will bitch slap some sense into a boy from time to time. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:47 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:No, I'm just proof that God will bitch slap some sense into a boy from time to time. Wink
that's gonna be my next quote. i need to bookmark this baby. cat
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:28 am

OMGGGGGGGGG
this kind a shit really pisses me off
what the hell is wrong with the world?
if ur not a size 0 ur considered ugly or fat these days
I personally think a real women has shape and looks beautiful and sexy that way, what ever happened to that? xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:36 am

well, xs keep thinking that way. my boys think 'skinny broads are are a turn-off' (their words, lol) and i think most guys do. cat
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:20 am

HotParadox wrote:well, xs keep thinking that way. my boys think 'skinny broads are are a turn-off' (their words, lol) and i think most guys do. cat

I agree. No cussion when they knee ya. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:17 am

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:No, I'm just proof that God will bitch slap some sense into a boy from time to time. Wink
that's gonna be my next quote. i need to bookmark this baby. cat

Be my guest. I'm honored. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:59 am

don't u worry HP i will Very Happy

and lads im proud of u all too thinking that way about ladies, good on ya Very Happy xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:I can't tell you how much this disgusts me. This is why so many women, some who live in the richest country on the planet and some who are themselves wealthy, are starving their bodies and literally dying.
And it's not just young women and teenage girls. The constant messages the media sends and the low self esteem of many women is partly to blame. And some men, too, are victims.
I understand that there is a campaign in some European countries to set a limit as to how thin a model is allowed to be. This came after the death of some famous Italian model who died from this pseudo-disease. Starving yourself is not a disease-it's nuts.
Hey HP, I'm in agreement with you. You are totally right and bring up a good point.
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:12 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I agree. I think that's why I never got anything out of the AA meetings I went to when I was drinking. They treat it as a disease and it's not. It's an addiction. Cancer and aids are deseases, they're something no one has any hope to control on their own. Addiction is a lack of self-control and will power, be it a personal flaw or just not willing to enforce the will power. I'm likely to catch some flack over that, but that's what I see it as.

I agree with you, and with what HP said before you. I catch some flak over this at home because my girlfriend is a psychologist, and they're taught that these things are a disease etc.. Admittedly, she probably knows more about it than I do, but it's one of the things we tend not to discuss often because we have polar opposite views and the discussions get quite heated.

In fact, pretty much everything is a disease or a disorder. They say anything that interfers with your life is a disorder. So if you get angry too easily, that's a 'disorder', or if you swear a lot (to the point that it affects your job/relationship) then it's a 'disorder', or if you drink too much it's a 'disorder'. I think they use the word 'disorder' kind of differently than we do, though. The same way that in science we sometimes use words differently to the way that everyone else uses them.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:34 am

The use of the word disease to discribe things is a way to shift the blame rather than accepting responsability for our own actions. Addiction will eventually cause disease as with myself and my liver problems. But still self inflicted do to a lack of self-control.

It's easier to blame it on something and say "the disease got me again" rather than "I went a month without drinking but I didn't have the will power to go any longer"

I was required to go through counciling at a clinic for drug and alcohol addiction as part of a dui sentence when I was 24. They kept trying to find a reason I drank from being molested as a child which I wasn't, to issues with my parents. They even tried to pin it on my relationships with ex girlfriends. Trying to find any answer other than the truth which simply was I liked getting drunk and from time to time raise hell. That was it, I just liked the feeling of being drunk and I rarely got the normal hang-over or getting sick from drinking too much so that wasn't there to deter me from drinking. In my opinion those councilers and shrinks were in denile themselves because they wouldn't belive there was no psycological trama that caused me to wanna drink away my pain. No molestation, I had the best parents in the world, and I'm way too egotistical and selfish to let some broad who wasn't smart enough to treat me like the God I am, Very Happy , to drag me down to that level.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:31 am

My wife says that being mean. rotten and ornery ( which is my knick name ) just comes naturally to me. But I don't believe her at all. After I am really just a nice, sweet and great guy. Just ask me and I will tell you so. What a Face

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:05 am

Old Timer wrote:My wife says that being mean. rotten and ornery ( which is my knick name ) just comes naturally to me. But I don't believe her at all. After I am really just a nice, sweet and great guy. Just ask me and I will tell you so. What a Face

They seem to mistake our natural playfulness with meaness and orneriness OT. They just have no sense of humor is what the problem is. Twisted Evil

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Oct 16, 2009 2:33 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:My wife says that being mean. rotten and ornery ( which is my knick name ) just comes naturally to me. But I don't believe her at all. After I am really just a nice, sweet and great guy. Just ask me and I will tell you so. What a Face

They seem to mistake our natural playfulness with meaness and orneriness OT. They just have no sense of humor is what the problem is. Twisted Evil

You got that right. I think it is a genetic thing.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:42 pm

Or is it your evil twin who is mean, rotten and ornery?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:04 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
Or is it your evil twin who is mean, rotten and ornery?

I is my evil twin.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:16 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

You got that right. I think it is a genetic thing.
Yes. It's..... a disease.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by box86rowh Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Wow....she should go on Biggest Loser....
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down