Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries!

5 posters

Go down

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Empty Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries!

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:23 am

As a meatcutter I should know better and should have followed my own preaching. So I owe no one blame but myself. I look in the grocery store ad and see catfish nuggets for 99 cent a pound. My experiance tells me that something is fishy, but catfish sounded good so off I went. Wasn't any in the counter, so I ask for it. He gives me a big clear bag of frozen nuggets. I can't tell you how many times I've told folks, "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away." Evil or Very Mad

But nope the taste of catfish was all I could think about, so I took it, fried it. I knew it had probably been frozen since the last ice age, but greed got the better of me, and it looked ok. I got to tell ya, few things taste like catfish that's been frozen way too long. There's not enough lemon, tarter sauce, hot sauce, nor cocktail sauce to burn that taste away. And I have a feeling no matter how much mouthwash, nor how many times I brush my tooth... that taste is gonna be there with a vengance sometime in the middle of my slumber.

I'm just glad I'd made plenty of home fries and hushpuppies, else I'd still be hungry.

The moral of this drawn out whine session is to warn my brethren.... "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away." Rolling Eyes

Thank you for your time, and I prey I was early enough to save the lives of those that might catch the same sale. Now I'm gonna go chew on some gun powder to see if that gets rid of the taste. I just hope those knocks I got to the head in football as a child won't cause me to forget and light a smoke..

{{{BOOM!!!!}}}

affraid

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Empty Re: Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries!

Post by xshivx Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:07 am

Oh dear, you should listen to ur own advice more often hun lol *hugs* xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Empty Re: Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries!

Post by Old Timer Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:31 pm

If you were to swallow any of that gunpowder by mistake, I would be a lot more careful about any kind of lit fire at the other end. Possible roman candle effect????

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:40 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
As a meatcutter I should know better and should have followed my own preaching. So I owe no one blame but myself. I look in the grocery store ad and see catfish nuggets for 99 cent a pound. My experiance tells me that something is fishy, but catfish sounded good so off I went. Wasn't any in the counter, so I ask for it. He gives me a big clear bag of frozen nuggets. I can't tell you how many times I've told folks, "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away." Evil or Very Mad

But nope the taste of catfish was all I could think about, so I took it, fried it. I knew it had probably been frozen since the last ice age, but greed got the better of me, and it looked ok. I got to tell ya, few things taste like catfish that's been frozen way too long. There's not enough lemon, tarter sauce, hot sauce, nor cocktail sauce to burn that taste away. And I have a feeling no matter how much mouthwash, nor how many times I brush my tooth... that taste is gonna be there with a vengance sometime in the middle of my slumber.

I'm just glad I'd made plenty of home fries and hushpuppies, else I'd still be hungry.

The moral of this drawn out whine session is to warn my brethren.... "If the fish is frozen and at a real good, almost too good of a price... walk away." Rolling Eyes

Thank you for your time, and I prey I was early enough to save the lives of those that might catch the same sale. Now I'm gonna go chew on some gun powder to see if that gets rid of the taste. I just hope those knocks I got to the head in football as a child won't cause me to forget and light a smoke..

{{{BOOM!!!!}}}

affraid

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Fart-fire

If you are going to chew on some gun powder make sure you don't fart!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

{{{BOOM!!!!}}}

affraid

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Fart-fire

If you are going to chew on some gun powder make sure you don't fart!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

That's just another day after Mexican food for me. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:46 am

Laughing u lot are crazy lol xxxxxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:34 pm

xshivx wrote:Laughing u lot are crazy lol xxxxxx

Crazy?????????????????????????????????????????????????

Stick around honey, the fun is just starting and you aint seen nothing yet.

Once I get cooped up here buried in snow for about 3 or so months then I start to get a little nuts.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:59 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Once I get cooped up here buried in snow for about 3 or so months then I start to get a little nuts.

Cooped up? That's the perfect time to go camping!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:24 pm

Old Timer wrote:

A little nuts confused Don't you mean cabin-fever?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:29 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

A little nuts confused Don't you mean cabin-fever?

I'd like to see how gets what he's already got. lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:41 pm

ya, xs, i've learned to keep away from these threads. they always turn into a 'let's see who can be the grossest guy' contest. they all win. Very Happy pig 🐶
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:00 pm

Nuh uh.

Thank goodness for hushpuppies n fries! Professional_etiquette_picking_nose

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:44 am

lmao Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 pm

HotParadox wrote:
ya, xs, i've learned to keep away from these threads. they always turn into a 'let's see who can be the grossest guy' contest. they all win. Very Happy pig 🐶
Hey HP, but you still got to admit some these threads is funny, right?
Laughing lol! Laughing
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum