Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Edwards

3 posters

Go down

John Edwards Empty John Edwards

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:57 pm

This guy is really a dirt bag.

Edwards campaign still spending money

Posted: 16 minutes ago

New York — Former North Carolina senator and presidential candidate John Edwards may have left the campaign trail, but a committee in his name is still spending campaign funds.

Documents filed with the Federal Election Commission show the John Edwards for President committee spent $480,000 so far in 2009 on travel expenses, hotels, legal fees, consulting and campaign salaries. The committee has $3.7 million left in its account.

Edwards has shunned the spotlight since admitting in August 2008 to an affair with a campaign staffer. At the time, he denied fathering the child of videographer Rielle Hunter, saying his relationship with Hunter ended before the child was conceived.

A federal grand jury is investigating whether Edwards' campaign funds were illegally paid to Hunter to keep her quiet about the affair.

Andrew Young, a long-time Edwards aide, initially claimed to be the father of Hunter's child, but he is reportedly writing a book in which he will claim Edwards is the father. Sources told WRAL News in August that they expect Edwards to eventually admit paternity.

A second Edwards account, from his 2004 run for the White House, lists no expenses, but has $330,000 in debt.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/politics/story/6054086/

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

John Edwards Empty Re: John Edwards

Post by HotParadox Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:07 pm

It's amazing to me how so many politicians are so base and I have to ask the question:Did politics make so many this way or does a career in politics lure the morally corrupt?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by box86rowh Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:13 pm

I think both apply.
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:It's amazing to me how so many politicians are so base and I have to ask the question:Did politics make so many this way or does a career in politics lure the morally corrupt?

He was that way from the start. He was poor white trash when he married his wife who's family was well off. I think it was her money that put him through law school.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:23 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:It's amazing to me how so many politicians are so base and I have to ask the question:Did politics make so many this way or does a career in politics lure the morally corrupt?

He was that way from the start. He was poor white trash when he married his wife who's family was well off. I think it was her money that put him through law school.
It's funny because I always felt he was a bit of a snob, tbh...which should have told me that it was new money. People who are born with it are usually more graceful and humble than the newly rich who sometimes let it go to their heads.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:25 pm

box86rowh wrote:I think both apply.
I think you make a good point. Almost the same can be said of many lawyers, imo. It seems that law and politics is kind of like fly-paper:catches what you don't want in your near vicinity.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

It's funny because I always felt he was a bit of a snob, tbh...which should have told me that it was new money. People who are born with it are usually more graceful and humble than the newly rich who sometimes let it go to their heads.

You're right, those that are born into it are usually fairly down to earth. Even Paris is just a fairly normal kid who happens to get a lot of publicity.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content