Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Day

+5
Old Timer
xshivx
BiR
CarolinaHound
Night-Reaper
9 posters

Go down

The Last Day Empty The Last Day

Post by Night-Reaper Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:53 pm

If you knew that tomorrow would be the last full day of your life, how would you spend the day?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

The Last Day Empty Re: The Last Day

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:22 pm

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:33 am

Night-Reaper wrote:If you knew that tomorrow would be the last full day of your life, how would you spend the day?
I think this is very philosophical and hard question. I don't know what could I do in this situation and how I spend this day. The Last Day Scratch_one-s_head
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Layout Designer/English and Russian subtitles
Humor : Да/Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://stagevu.com/user/birubir

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:48 am

with every1 i love, my bf and my family and do the simple things i like to do, go and have a picnick, go on a long walk in the sunshine, have a candle lit meal ect xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

Convert everything I had into cash and go to Vegas and have a ball. After all if it was my last day, I would not be needing anything anymore now would I. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:56 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:If you knew that tomorrow would be the last full day of your life, how would you spend the day?

Mostly everyone with exception of convicted felons that are to be executed have any idea when there last days is going to be. So me? I remember to always count my blessings, especially appreciative of the so called "little things" and the people in my life that share my life and make it better and for protection from harm and evil. Otherwise, I really try to remember to appreciate everything positive, try to remember to learn from the negative; if there is a something beneficial in this respect and carpe diem! - Seize the day with enthusiasm, happiness, appreciation and gusto. As well as making a positive contribution and being helpful and reasonably beneficial is other's lives.
In recently reading a book titled: "Owen Wister, out West, where he is an Eastern [Philadelphia, Penn.] resident and is at a young age slowly wasting away from ill health and depression. His doctor prescribes that he go out to the new west and experience the fresh air and nature in all of its splendor and glory. He does so and it makes him well both mentally and physically and changes his life, literally. From his execution as a Lawyer at Yale, he becomes a successful writer about the old west and the cowboy and indian and the wild horses that the spaniards left behind.
Fredrick Remington, the famous Artist became Wister's friend - they met out there. Remington illustrated many of Wister's stories that appeared in Harper's Weekly and other publications that were published back east. It was through this that Remington became so famous. Remington was a Harvard graduate but also did not take to the city life and work a day world circumstances of thes easter cities. His success was also realized throught the outdoors and nature.
That's why I continue, since all of my life, to pause at times and return to the outdoors in some manner or fashion. Nature is good 'head-medicine' [soothes and calms the souls. it follows that a peaceful psyche makes for a sound physical body. As it follows that if one is not a peace in spirit, then the physical body suffers. And why not? After all, the physical body is nothing more than life support and transportation for the brain, which is the seat of the spirit of one.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:37 pm

What you say is very true my friend. That is one of the main reasons I really like living in this small community of Jackson, Wy. Here I am surrounded by mountains, valleys and lakes. There is an abundance of wild life in the area. The fishing is great and the best of all is tghat the air is clean. We have no smog here. And of course thee is Yellowstone Park just to the north of us. In the winter we can get snowed in where no one moves in or out of the valley. We also get a lot of moose and coyote in the winter in our yard. So I just really enjoy each and every day and live life one day at a time. So if tomorrow is going to be my last day it will be filled with just as many wonders of nature then as it is today. I will not hjave missed a thing.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:09 pm

go to boston and meet hp
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:13 pm

aaaaaaaaaw that's so sweet Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:04 pm

par84forme wrote:

go to boston and meet hp
I cannot believe you just said that! Earlier today, I was reading an old pm from you and thinking of how much i miss talking to you here. Well, at that point the phone rang and i got distracted and logged out. I just came back and read this.
I'm stunned. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Old Timer wrote:What you say is very true my friend. That is one of the main reasons I really like living in this small community of Jackson, Wy. Here I am surrounded by mountains, valleys and lakes. There is an abundance of wild life in the area. The fishing is great and the best of all is tghat the air is clean. We have no smog here. And of course thee is Yellowstone Park just to the north of us. In the winter we can get snowed in where no one moves in or out of the valley. We also get a lot of moose and coyote in the winter in our yard. So I just really enjoy each and every day and live life one day at a time. So if tomorrow is going to be my last day it will be filled with just as many wonders of nature then as it is today. I will not hjave missed a thing.

Owen Wister and Frederick Remington spent a great deal of time in the area you are now residing in. Wister was in love with the beauty of the land and wildlife and nature there. His writings include much material regarding his experiences and the people he associated with in that area. His writing are virtuall all non-fiction; true to life.
He postulated what would happen to the area and the people that would eventually reside there into the future past his lifteime on earth. He was hoping for people that would be civil, appreciate the land and take care of it.
You might want to read his book: "Owne Wister; Out West."
You can look him up on Wikipedia. Frederick Remington as well.
One book written ABOUT Remington is: "My Dear Wister."
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Old Timer wrote:Convert everything I had into cash and go to Vegas and have a ball. After all if it was my last day, I would not be needing anything anymore now would I. Very Happy
Now yer talkin!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:09 pm

par84forme wrote:

go to boston and meet hp
Great idea, I'd like meet HP as well.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:04 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
par84forme wrote:

go to boston and meet hp
That'd be so cool! Hanging with two of my favorite boys! Love it! Except the downer of knowing it was your last day; that'd suck. Well, I'd just make sure you guys went out with the most fun ever! bounce
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:07 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
par84forme wrote:

go to boston and meet hp
That'd be so cool! Hanging with two of my favorite boys! Love it! Except the downer of knowing it was your last day; that'd suck. Well, I'd just make sure you guys went out with the most fun ever! bounce
Regardless of being the last day or whenever, I still think that it would be most cool to meet you HP.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:09 am

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
par84forme wrote:

go to boston and meet hp
Regardless of being the last day or whenever, I still think that it would be most cool to meet you HP.

Would indeed be cool. I could bug her in person. Very Happy

But ya just don't know when your number will be called. For instance, the following happened in NC today.....

Woman, child struck by lightning in Fayetteville

Fayetteville, N.C. — A mother and her 18-month-old daughter were struck by lightning Friday just after 4 p.m. outside a TJ Maxx store in Fayetteville. The pair were headed toward the store at 5027 Morganton Road when the strike happened, according to Scott Iverson of the Fayetteville Fire Department.

Iverson said the woman was carrying her child and holding an umbrella as they walked across the parking lot.

"The umbrella was obviously struck at the top, and we have burns at the bottom of the umbrella where she was holding it," he said.

The child suffered burns to her torso and abdomen; the woman was burned and briefly stopped breathing, paramedics said.

Authorities did not release the identities of either victim, but said both were in critical condition at Cape Fear Valley hospital.

Iverson said a soldier who was in the parking lot at the time of the strike performed CPR on the woman, reviving her before paramedics arrived.

The U.S. Coast Guard said a lightning strike to the water was responsible for the death of an 18-year-old man at Wrightsville Beach.

Ocean rescue personnel pulled John Edward Sackett of Annapolis, Md., from the ocean just after 3:30 p.m. Sackett was a freshman at the University of North Carolina-Wilmington.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6079335/

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:39 pm

JUst goes to show that when yer number is up, that is it. it is all over. Hey Dawg, can you just think of the fun and not to mention the trouble that you and I could get into if we were boith there to bug HP in person.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:39 am

i can definitely confirm HP's heaps of fun to hang out with, and has an awesome family too. Pete's heaps of fun as well. I'm looking forward to my next trip to boston, hopefully for longer next time.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:02 pm

Kazza wrote:i can definitely confirm HP's heaps of fun to hang out with, and has an awesome family too. Pete's heaps of fun as well. I'm looking forward to my next trip to boston, hopefully for longer next time.
thank's K. as you know, we love you and look forward to your next visit with us and hope you can stay longer than last time.
ya, pete would be fun to hang with. next time you're here, we'll invite him to have dinner with us at the house. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum