Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sad wedding day.

4 posters

Go down

Sad wedding day. Empty Sad wedding day.

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:53 pm

I've heard brides complain about how their wedding plans get screwed up or how screwed up their wedding day was. The groom was late, he showed up with the best man still drunk, a seam breaks on her dress... what have you. This story should make one realize those things really aren't all that important.

Sep. 13, 2009
Raleigh groom killed on wedding day

Raleigh, N.C. — A Raleigh man headed to breakfast with his groomsmen on his wedding day was killed after being ejected from the car he was riding in, according to Father Salvatore Busichio, who planned to officiate the wedding Saturday.

Christopher Raynor, 28, was scheduled to marry Karen Taylor at Raleigh's Cathedral of the Sacred Heart Church.

Raynor was riding in the backseat of his best man's car when another driver ran a red light and crashed into them at the intersection of Lumley and Westgate roads around 7:30 a.m., authorities said. A third vehicle then ran over Raynor, according to a police report.

Police charged James Howard Early with a red light violation and misdemeanor death by motor vehicle.

Police have not determined if Raynor was wearing his seat belt. He was taken to WakeMed where he later died.

"Guests were coming to the wedding that had no idea what had happened," Busichio said. "It was my unhappy duty to have to tell people the groom was killed."

Family and friends gathered together and held a memorial service Saturday at the church. Busichio said the bride spoke to the audience and told them she will always love Raynor.

"The (bride) got into the pulpit after the service was over. She was explaining her feelings, and she was very gallant, very brave," Busichio said. "She thanked everyone for coming and said she realized by being there (that) it had strengthened her and her love for him."

Busichio remembered Raynor and Taylor as "one of the nicest couples I've ever known. They were meant for each other."

Groomsman Andrew Bowman called Raynor as "a special person."

"I know my life is better because of him," he said.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5988203/

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Sad wedding day. Empty Re: Sad wedding day.

Post by box86rowh Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:31 pm

That is just terrible....
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:33 pm

Sadly, [or is it?] his Karma... Wonder what you suppose is in store for us around the next turn... i.e.; next hour, day, week, whatever? Have you ever wondered when you think you're ready to leave for somewhere you suddenly forget something you have to go back after? Or, the telephone rings just as you're about to shut the door.? Or, you're held up at a construction site? Or, you discover that you left sooner than you had planned? These diversions - do they, have they allowed you to avoid catastrophe?, or have you been set up to meet disaster? If he and his man would have been there at the light sooner, or later than the one that ran the light, he would have been married by now. Same is true of the person that ran the light. Timing is of the essence - has to be accurate and precisce in order to allow the event. Life's sort'a like Russian Roulette; Life is tenable and precarious... also precious, regardless of how miserable it may seem at time! carpe diem!
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:34 pm

Yep, just one stupid move shattered a lot of lives.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 pm

Makes you wonder don't it coontie? I wonder how many times I've been within a hair of a snake bite? Or checking the mail, it only takes one slip up by a driver.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

so sad, doggieboy. i always say thank you God for your blessings that i know of but especially for your blessings that i don't know of. ...imagine how many times this could have been us or a loved one...
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:36 pm

It could be explained in one way as the hand we are each dealt in the game of life. And this game is never ending until our last breath. I can recollect so many incidents where I was in imminent danger, but the death hammer didn't fall.
I was Dove hunting in West Texas once. Had a twelve gauge pump shotgun. The area is a known rattlesnake infested country. I had stopped near a barbed wire fence; one of the post that happened to support the thing, interestingly. I commenced the usual act with the usual unconscious, manner of fact manner. I had the shotgun resting in the crook of my arm with the barrel pointing down - right side, safety off. Nothing moved, anywhere, except the fall to the ground off material I was relieving from myself.Then, I happened to notice that within about 12 - 15 inches away from my right foot was about a three feet long rattlesnake that was coiled up there. Not buzzing, or anything. I remember just casually adjusting the barrel of the gun to the proper spot, and pulled the trigger. All that remained of the rattler was a smoking hole in the ground. I reflected upon this incident later and thought it interesting how calmly and matter-of-factly I had managed this situation.
Another time, in the same area, I was walking behind a friend; we were also Dove hunting then. He was about twenty yards ahead of me on a cattle trail that was worn through some brush and cactus.
The next situation seemed to occur in slow-motion: I heard a high pitched zzzzzzzz sound, that began rather low and went up in scale. As he was walking, I saw his left foot move as he picked it up from the ground in a regular walking stride. Then I saw the rattle-snake strike at this foot, but missed it as it went under the foot because he had lifted it. Then, all in one smooth movement, the snake sprang across the trail and went into the brush on the other side and just laid there and was then rattling very slowly. I walked up and blew it away with my gun. It was of course waiting to have a go at me...
One day, in once place we killed 32 rattlers altogether. It was late Spring and they were just coming out of their Winter dens. They were all of various sizes.
I have been in so many precarious, dangerous and close call situation that I am amazed that I have lived as long and unscathed as I have.
I just hope my good fortune holds out. I believe that there is a part of us, I refer to it as our higher self, some say it is a guardian angel, that has knowing and vision beyond our ordinary everyday thoughts and actions. This part of us is what helps to spare us from many perils and danger. I think as well that it knows just how long of duration our life is supposed to be and what will take us in the end.
It seems that this is what brings many soldiers through fierce battles unscathed, while many others are killed and maimed all around.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum