Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

emotions

+5
xshivx
CarolinaHound
HotParadox
Old Timer
Night-Reaper
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

emotions Empty emotions

Post by Night-Reaper Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:23 pm

Which is a stronger emotion: anger or love?
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

emotions Empty Re: emotions

Post by Old Timer Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:24 pm

depends on how it is applied????

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:Which is a stronger emotion: anger or love?
that's a tough one, n-r, but i think ot nailed it:
Old Timer wrote:depends on how it is applied????

in other words, if you kill someone out of anger, that would trump giving a kidney to your loved one.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:13 pm

Emotions are such fragile things. For example, love can hold a family together no matter what happens, while hate can block out all other feelingws including pain.

The time + the place + the circumstances and + the person = the emotion and the strength of that emotion. ( I think )

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:54 pm

HotParadox wrote:
that's a tough one, n-r, but i think ot nailed it:
Old Timer wrote:depends on how it is applied????

in other words, if you kill someone out of anger, that would trump giving a kidney to your loved one.
I'll agree on how it is applied. However, when someone who has been deeply in love with someone and something happened in that relationship to where someone's heart was ripped out, stepped on, and broken. Then I believe anger will become the stronger emotion.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Depends on your definition of stronger. Anger can often block out and over power love. But anger is a fleeting emotion that rarely lasts a lifetime. The love we had/have for the one that hurts us is still there, though the anger may mask it from us for awhile. And often the anger comes from the fact that the one we love so much hurts us, and had the love not been so strong, the anger wouldn't be as intense. So I got to say love is the strongest of the two. There is and always will be a fine line between love and hate.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:42 am

LOVE Very Happy!!!!

anger can be stroong i admit, but love can make u feel like u are on top of the world and can over come nething, and there's so much more love than anger, family love, friend love, a partners love ect So i feel love is stronger myself Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:15 pm

xshivx wrote:LOVE Very Happy!!!!

anger can be stroong i admit, but love can make u feel like u are on top of the world and can over come nething, and there's so much more love than anger, family love, friend love, a partners love ect So i feel love is stronger myself Smile xxx
You have a point.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:45 pm

And yet anger is known to quite often bring some one to perpetrate serious acts of violence upon someone that they once claimed to have dearly loved...
Truth is, there is no comparison, similarity; They're polar opposites.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:32 pm

coontie wrote:And yet anger is known to quite often bring some one to perpetrate serious acts of violence upon someone that they once claimed to have dearly loved...
Truth is, there is no comparison, similarity; They're polar opposites.

There is a comparison. The energy of love and the energy of hate have the same power. Hate is the negative and love is the positive.

For example you bring up the fact that violence happens to those that were once in love. When one cheats for example, and is caught at it.

The emotion of hate rears its ugly head.

The energy remains the same. The energy of love and hate.

The energy does not change at all. The energy just manifests itself in a different way.

The power of love. When you first start to fall in love. It effects you. You are on a high. A great high. You want to be with this person, and you feel nothing will cause you to be apart.

All of us can deal with the truth. We want the truth. Yet when the person you love. The person you gave your heart to is lying to you.

Well that hurts because you trusted that person.

So the energy you share with that person does not change. The energy is the same. The strong feelings you have for that person do not go away.

The energy manifests in a different way.

You will feel hatred just as strong as you felt love.

The thing is, how do you deal with these emotions?

A strong person will say enough is enough. That person will walk away and try to take that negative energy, and turn it back to positive.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:32 am

thanks NR Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:44 am

Theophilus wrote:
There is a comparison. The energy of love and the energy of hate have the same power. Hate is the negative and love is the positive.
I agree that one is negative and the other is positive but, just like with numbers on a number line for instance, one emotion can have a higher power or degree than the other.

For example, you bring up the fact that violence happens to those that were once in love. When one cheats for example, and is caught at it.

The emotion of hate rears its ugly head.

The energy remains the same. The energy of love and hate.

The energy does not change at all. The energy just manifests itself in a different way.
If, for example, a man cheats on a woman, and she turns around and kills the man, I would think that the love energy was dwarfed by the hate energy. She hated more than she loved, as was demonstrated by her act of killing him.

The power of love. When you first start to fall in love. It effects you. You are on a high. A great high. You want to be with this person, and you feel nothing will cause you to be apart.

All of us can deal with the truth. We want the truth. Yet when the person you love. The person you gave your heart to is lying to you.

Well that hurts because you trusted that person.

So the energy you share with that person does not change. The energy is the same. The strong feelings you have for that person do not go away.

The energy manifests in a different way.

You will feel hatred just as strong as you felt love.
Not always, as in the case of a person who takes that energy to the next level and commits a violent act, as I said before.

The thing is, how do you deal with these emotions?

A strong person will say enough is enough. That person will walk away and try to take that negative energy, and turn it back to positive.
This is where I think a balanced person will keep the energy of love and hate pretty much the same. The person who can deal with hate without revenge, unlike the person who retaliates with brutal physical or psychological force, has kept the energy scale balanced. How one manages their emotions will cause the energy of love and hate to be very different. In the case of a broken relationship, it can be very difficult to deal with these strong emotions in a healthy way, and that is when an otherwise emotionally balanced person will seek help, optimally before the energy of hate escalates to the point of violence and supersedes the love they have/had for the other person.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:43 am

The energy remains the same.

It is just energy.

Wars start because of passion for a belief.

Do I really need to go much further proving the energy of love and hate are the same energy?

It is how you use the energy.

The energy of love and hate are the same.

Feelings and emotions are a different matter.

Yet the energy of those feelings share the same strength.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Your opinion regarding this topic is much like others; in its personal observational and experiencing circumstances.
As a example of such, a short tale, regarding two different men that were simultaneously observing an Elphant at the same time: it just so happend that there was a large hole in a wall through which the Elephant was present. One man was on one side of the wall and the other man on the opposite side. Neither could come around to where the other happened to be, because of the separation of the wall. Then, a third person asked each man to personally describe what an Elephant looked like.
The first man, at the head of the Elephant, described the long snout, big mouth, tusk and so on. The man at the other end described the large legs, the thick tail with the swatch of hair at the end and the large hind-end aperature of the animal. Therefore, thereafter, each man, when someone mentioned an Elephant, they each seperately envisioned in their minds eye; their pscyhe, the animal as they had observed it. Therafter describing to anyone that cared to hear their version, what the animal looked like.
So it is with yourself - you obviously are personally convinced that your notion, experiences have satisfactorily convinced you of your version of emotions, as stated. And, that is obviously good enough for you, for you seem convinced that you are satisfied with your version. However, this is not necessarily true of others, in comparison to their perspective, experiences and psychological determinations. Suffice it to say that these two emotions as well as many others are purely matters of individual personal experiences.
It is true, for instance, [as an example] if one were to take a young child and subject it oftento violent abuse, all the while saying the words I love you and that is why I am doing this to you. Later in life, the indivdual that is the product of such upbringing would likely not feel loved unless abused. This is actually true of many people presently in living. Some, for instance, sexually abused by a parent, but otherwise treated kindly in all respects and love is expressed. Later, these children become individuals that are prone to be sexually promiscuous, seeking out people that respond to overt sexual advances. As they are not seeking sexual gratification, but kind and loving attention such as they received when younger.
Similar situations have been discovered and documented with individuals in relationships wherein they seek out violently abusive people to take up with. As they have, based on earlier life experiences, come to equate violent and abusive behavior directed toward them as desirable and therefore preferable. Therefore, to them, love [which is typically construed as virtually unconditional personal acceptance and caring] has become to mean violent and abusive treatment.
You might say that it goes back to the old Pavlov's Dog Experiment. Wherein, this psychologist would give a dog a food treat and ring a bell immediately upon doing so. Thereafter, to cause the dog to salivate, in anticipation of receiving food, he would just ring a bell and produce the same effect, without giving food.
This practice amounts to reflex conditioning, wherein a person responds to emotional materials based upon their learned experiences regarding the state of the circumstnces.
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:04 pm

Theophilus wrote:The energy remains the same.

It is just energy.

Do I really need to go much further proving the energy of love and hate are the same energy?

No, not at all, Theo. I was just giving my opinion, that's all.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:47 am

HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:The energy remains the same.

It is just energy.

No, not at all, Theo. I was just giving my opinion, that's all.

Me too. Smile Smile

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:43 pm

Wrathful love. emotions Girl_feminist_en emotions Girl_cray emotions Girl_hospital
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon
Number of posts : 241
Job/hobbies : Layout Designer/English and Russian subtitles
Humor : Да/Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-17

http://stagevu.com/user/birubir

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Boris - you are right on target with your symbol method. I consider it as frustration on the part of SOME of the [harump!] 'fairer sex'!
There was a Psycholgist; the infamous Mr. Sigmund Freud, that told folks much regarding such agitations and tension... Twisted Evil Mad Razz Twisted Evil
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:37 am

coontie wrote:Boris - you are right on target with your symbol method. I consider it as frustration on the part of SOME of the [harump!] 'fairer sex'!
There was a Psycholgist; the infamous Mr. Sigmund Freud, that told folks much regarding such agitations and tension... Twisted Evil Mad Razz Twisted Evil
I'd like to add one good phrase. We have the great Russian writer Nikolai Ostrovsky, and in 1986 he had written the play "На всякого мудреца довольно простоты" ("Every man has a fool in his sleeve" or "Even a clever man might do a foolish thing sometimes"). So, the phrase from this play: The woman's revenge is very terrible. She can think up something that never come into man's mind. emotions Dash1 emotions Wacko emotions Girl_devil
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:32 am

BiR wrote:
coontie wrote:Boris - you are right on target with your symbol method. I consider it as frustration on the part of SOME of the [harump!] 'fairer sex'!
I'd like to add one good phrase. We have the great Russian writer Nikolai Ostrovsky, and in 1986 he had written the play "На всякого мудреца довольно простоты" ("Every man has a fool in his sleeve" or "Even a clever man might do a foolish thing sometimes"). So, the phrase from this play: The woman's revenge is very terrible. She can think up something that never come into man's mind. emotions Dash1 emotions Wacko emotions Girl_devil

Hi Boris - wwll, Mr. Octrovsky's thought that you quoted is so very true!. We have the word: "DIABOLICAL" to sum up in just one word what this thought implies! As well, there is a connection with this word diabolical and the spanish word for meaning Devil: Diablo... true wisdom! Razz Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:59 pm

anger at someone you love ( or thought you loved )
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

emotions Empty Watch out! An original!

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

How can I love you?
When most things you do,
draws bitter anger from within.
You force me to fight temptations of mortal sins.

With most of my loves,
came thoughts of pleasure, peace, and doves.
But not for you.
You rattle my soul as evil runs me through.

A primal rage that I can not sway,
nor act upon in any way.
Your actions bring to me a need for violence.
But something when your eyes caress me grants patience.

You've caused hurt greater than I'd ever allow.
But still, somehow,
you lay here in my arms.
You work your charms.
And I keep you safe from harm.

With all you do,
How can I love you?

CarolinaHound

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:32 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
How can I love you?
When most things you do,

With most of my loves,
But not for you.

nor act upon in any way.

But still, somehow,
you lay here in my arms.
You work your charms.

With all you do,
How can I love you?

CarolinaHound

That's very good prose C.H. Did you write that, originally? If so you have talent as a master poet. Lot of strong feeling exprssed there!
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:39 pm

coontie wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
How can I love you?
When most things you do,

With most of my loves,
But not for you.

nor act upon in any way.

But still, somehow,
you lay here in my arms.
You work your charms.

With all you do,
How can I love you?

CarolinaHound

That's very good prose C.H. Did you write that, originally? If so you have talent as a master poet. Lot of strong feeling exprssed there!

Thank you very much. Yep that's mine, I had just wrote it before I posted it.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:00 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
Oh, do you make a poems? If you do, can you help me? emotions Flag_of_truce
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:14 am

well done CH very good poem and u have a alot of talent there Smile xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:40 am

BiR wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Oh, do you make a poems? If you do, can you help me? emotions Flag_of_truce

I'm no pro BiR. I've written a couple of poems and a few lyrics I plan to put some music to one day. But if I can help you, I will my friend. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:41 am

xshivx wrote:well done CH very good poem and u have a alot of talent there Smile xxx

Thank you X. Very Happy I don't know about talent though.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:53 am

i do Smile and u have it xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:09 am

Well thank you very much. That means a lot to me. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:10 am

it's the truth huni Smile be proud of it xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:31 am

I will be. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:33 am

So how are you today, or is it night over there. 5:30 am here.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:36 am

it's 10-:34am here

and im doing dreadful actually lol had a massive arguement with my so called 'friend' last night, i'm really poorly and i've slept for like 2hours last night and that's it Sad Shocked

n yaself? xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:43 am

I'm sorry to hear that. If it's the same friend, maybe you should just let him go on his way. At least for awhile. Especially if it's going to get you this upset.

I been up all night cleaning and playing a free lotto thing all night. Sad aint it? lol

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:46 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
I'm no pro BiR. I've written a couple of poems and a few lyrics I plan to put some music to one day. But if I can help you, I will my friend. Very Happy
Oh, thank you very much! It'll be great! emotions Greeting
The point is that I make the English subtitles for Russian films and some of them has a lot of songs. I am not an expert of English lyrics. emotions Blush emotions Pardon I can prepare the Russian text and my versions of word-by-word translation. If you can lick into shape my English opuses, I'll be happy. emotions Dance emotions Dance2
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:47 am

BiR wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Oh, thank you very much! It'll be great! emotions Greeting
The point is that I make the English subtitles for Russian films and some of them has a lot of songs. I am not an expert of English lyrics. emotions Blush emotions Pardon I can prepare the Russian text and my versions of word-by-word translation. If you can lick into shape my English opuses, I'll be happy. emotions Dance emotions Dance2

I'll certainly give it my best try BiR. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:50 am

CarolinaHound wrote:5:30 am here.
xshivx wrote:it's 10-:34am here
It's 13:49, oops sorry... emotions Blush 1:49 pm here. emotions Morning2
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:54 am

xshivx wrote:it's 10-:34am here
The time difference - 3 hours. UK? emotions Playboy
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by BiR Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:58 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
I'll certainly give it my best try BiR. Very Happy
Thanks again. emotions Drinks I'll post all my opuses in "Translate from English into English" thread. OK? emotions Congratulate
BiR
BiR

Male
Pisces Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content