Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Our time has come

3 posters

Go down

Our time has come Empty Our time has come

Post by Old Timer Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:11 am

This is really scary. Coupled with the global warming and the shifting of the magnetic poles, it looks like the human race can just put it's head begtwen it's knees and kiss it's ass good by. But then obama and the rest of the G8 has said they will cap the global warming so maybe he will fix the rest to.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2009/06/02/solar-wind-atmosphere.html

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Our time has come Empty Re: Our time has come

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:23 pm

And yet another doomsday plan sortted out by our great scientists. If it's not the scientests it's the religious factions and their theories of what is to come. I don't mean to knock the scientific world, (no insult is intented Kazza), there are some great minds with a lot more knowledge than any of the rest of us will ever hope to have. Nor do I intend to knock religion and all their prophisies and the like.

But theory is just that; theory. A lot of known fact mixed with matamatical equation from numbers and peices of those fact put together in an equation they formed to show proof they can predict the possible out come of things.

I can't take it for much more than someone writing a plot for star trek. It may or may not happen. How and if the Earth is to be destroyed can be little more than a shot in the dark. Proposed by many, in my opinion, to get their theory published and make a name for themselves in the scientific world. And greedy people jump on such things because they know there's no better way to gain money and power than to spread fear through out the land. Al Gore is a prime example, look at the money and fame he's made himself from preaching the Global warming theory. Has he done anything himself to limit his CO2 emissions? No. He invests more and more into things to make his life more luxurious. Things that pour more and more polutants into the air. And the suckers that buy into him feed him more and more money.

All these things are theories, nothing more, nothing less which unscruppalus people have blown out of proportion and turned it into a grand money making scam, the scale of which dwarfs anything Madoff ever dreamed of pulling off.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:17 pm

[quote="CarolinaHound"]And yet another doomsday plan sortted out by our great scientists. If it's not the scientests it's the religious factions and their theories of what is to come. I don't mean to knock the scientific world, (no insult is intented Kazza), there are some great minds with a lot more knowledge than any of the rest of us will ever hope to have. Nor do I intend to knock religion and all their prophisies and the like.

But theory is just that; theory. A lot of known fact mixed with matamatical equation from numbers and peices of those fact put together in an equation they formed to show proof they can predict the possible out come of things.

I can't take it for much more than someone writing a plot for star trek. It may or may not happen. How and if the Earth is to be destroyed can be little more than a shot in the dark. Proposed by many, in my opinion, to get their theory published and make a name for themselves in the scientific world. And greedy people jump on such things because they know there's no better way to gain money and power than to spread fear through out the land. Al Gore is a prime example, look at the money and fame he's made himself from preaching the Global warming theory. Has he done anything himself to limit his CO2 emissions? No. He invests more and more into things to make his life more luxurious. Things that pour more and more polutants into the air. And the suckers that buy into him feed him more and more money.

While I do indeed both acknowledge and agree with what you have said here, the shifting of the magnetic poles is not a theory. It is happening in reality. As it is not known in the history of man just what the results will be from actual experience, it is know that without the magnetic shield the earth would be bathed in the damaging rays of the sun and given the amount of time it might take to re-establish itself, there is the possibility that all plant life could be lost and that itself could mean the end of the human race as we know it.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:12 pm

Well put OT. But I do believe the poles have shifted before. And our ancestors, those that we evolved from were here and they survived. Things changed for certain, and that may have been an event that gave evalution a bit of a push, but they survived and so did plant life and other forms of life. Slowly altered due to the event, but they still lived. I really think it will take more than just the shifting or reversing of the magnetic poles to kill us off. I'm sure it will have an effect on our enviroment, but we'll adapt as the other life forms will. I just don't think we'll be bombarded with damaging rays from the sun or deadly particals, etc, anymore than we have been in the past.

Perhaps it will just be the next chapter in our evalution. Maybe the event that causes our dna to evolve into a more peaceful intellagent species.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:27 pm

The shift of the magnetic poles is in process as well as the movement of magnetic north. Neither situation is new. It has been occuring long before we had consciouness on this planet.
As for the other; shall we just wait and see? Which we shall... Twisted Evil
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:09 pm

coontie wrote:The shift of the magnetic poles is in process as well as the movement of magnetic north. Neither situation is new. It has been occuring long before we had consciouness on this planet.
As for the other; shall we just wait and see? Which we shall... Twisted Evil

Don't have much choice now do we? But make no mistake about it folks, earth shaking events are happening right now and every day.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down