Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Reaction to medicine

+5
Peregrine(Endangered)
HotParadox
PaulM
CarolinaHound
Old Timer
9 posters

Go down

Bad Reaction to medicine Empty Bad Reaction to medicine

Post by Old Timer Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:51 pm

Well some of you almost had a chance to rejoice today. You almost had a chance to finally get rid of me for good. It seems that I have been having a really bad reaction to some medication that my doctor wanted me to try. When I say that it takes your breath away to think about it I mean that literally and in reality.

The medication was for my high blood pressure. It took a few days to manifest itself in me by slowly making it harder for me to breath. Last night was the last straw as I woke up quite a few times gasping for air. Walking from room to room became a bit of a challenge.

I got my but over to his office and they began running all kinds of tests. They have given me something to counter act it and it is working great. They even said that they have found my heart and it is OK. But as of yet they still haven't found my brain.

Well it just looks like you will have to be putting up with me for a long time now.

Have a great day kidds. I really do mean that to.

OT Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Bad Reaction to medicine Empty Re: Bad Reaction to medicine

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:57 pm

Wow OT, that's scary. I'm glad you got it fixed.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:01 pm

Well... now we know how you got to be "O.T."... You keep your eyes open and you're alert to changes that take place. Good for you! I'm glad you caught this when you did and that steps were able to be taken to counteract it. We really do like having you around.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:50 pm

holy smoke, ot. that's awful. i'm glad you're a sharp old geezer and noticed it because we don't want you falling off the perch yet. we'd miss you something terrible.
xov I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:55 pm

Don't what ya falling off the porch either so slide that rocker back a bit. hehehehe....

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:57 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Wow OT, that's scary. I'm glad you got it fixed.
hey, doggieboy Idea
you should write ot a song, "Bad Reaction to Medicine". ya, you could sing it and pick it on your guitar for ot and post it here! bounce
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:58 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Don't what ya falling off the porch either so slide that rocker back a bit. hehehehe....
lmao Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Bad Reaction to medicine SnickerBad Reaction to medicine SnickerBad Reaction to medicine Snicker

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:30 pm

O.T. you were very astute...I have had bad reactions to prescriptions. I usually break out in hives...thats my sign. I've also learnt to read absolutely everything about my new scrips...Its always important to get to the Doc or the emergency rooms...glad to know we will have you around to poke fun at....or visa virsa(is that spelled correctly??hehe
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:46 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

Bad Reaction to medicine SnickerBad Reaction to medicine SnickerBad Reaction to medicine Snicker
that's funny!
but where's yours? Suspect
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:06 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

that's funny!
but where's yours? Suspect

I'm tossing it around in my head. I aint no singer though.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:15 pm

just keep telling yourself 'be the singer'. that's what my ski instructor told me to keep telling myself when i was taking lesson. well, not 'be the singer' Very Happy but 'beee the skier'. it took him like 5 minutes to get the 'beee' out. bounce
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:10 am

Can you ski?

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:08 am

oh ya. we've got a ski resort next town over and then a bunch within 30 minutes. it what's you do here. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 am

I use to ski, but not in the cold. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:51 am

CarolinaHound wrote:I use to ski, but not in the cold. Very Happy
hah! Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:41 pm

Wow! The joys of going to the doc. My Blood presure is through the roof. Well, I had an appointment a 1 and was called back at 3:30. Go figure... Why on Earth would my blood presure be up? Other than that, all was the normal bull. Lose weight, stop eatting anything that makes life worth living. Watch the caffine, stop smoking (DuH). And after all that he told me I should live to be a real dirty and really old old man. And to stop talking smack to his nurses. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:50 pm

Old Timer wrote:Well some of you almost had a chance to rejoice today. You almost had a chance to finally get rid of me for good. It seems that I have been having a really bad reaction to some medication that my doctor wanted me to try. When I say that it takes your breath away to think about it I mean that literally and in reality.

The medication was for my high blood pressure. It took a few days to manifest itself in me by slowly making it harder for me to breath. Last night was the last straw as I woke up quite a few times gasping for air. Walking from room to room became a bit of a challenge.

I got my but over to his office and they began running all kinds of tests. They have given me something to counter act it and it is working great. They even said that they have found my heart and it is OK. But as of yet they still haven't found my brain.

Well it just looks like you will have to be putting up with me for a long time now.

Have a great day kidds. I really do mean that to.

OT Very Happy
Glad to hear that you are doing better after you're close call, OT. This site doesn't want to lose you as ornery as you are. Take care of yourself and have a good day.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:39 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Wow! The joys of going to the doc. My Blood presure is through the roof. Well, I had an appointment a 1 and was called back at 3:30. Go figure... Why on Earth would my blood presure be up? Other than that, all was the normal bull. Lose weight, stop eatting anything that makes life worth living. Watch the caffine, stop smoking (DuH). And after all that he told me I should live to be a real dirty and really old old man. And to stop talking smack to his nurses. Very Happy
what about the salt? stress? those two things alone can do it. ya, and getting worked up over nurses, too. that'll do it. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:48 pm

I've cut down on my salt intake, I use to shake it ten or 12 times, now I just shake it four or five times. I only shake it two or three times with the nurses. Bad Reaction to medicine Devil

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:59 pm

OT, I missed this post. I am really sorry to hear that you had such a bad reaction and were so ill. That must have been pretty scarey! At least you had the intuition to seek immediate medical attention! Many, many people have issues with heart medicines, blood pressure regulators and cholesterol meds and have to try different types and dosages, etc and play guinea pig for a bit. It's really a pain in the ass and in like your case, can cause some severe reactions. Rest up for a bit even if you are feeling better. We can't afford to lose one of my fellow old farts on here. lol

Last edited by Put It Out There Baby on Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:13 pm

Hey OT you need a new drug

par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:22 am

OMG im so sorry sweety, and im so glad ur okay, i don't know how u were so brave i wudda panicked my ass off and made myself worse lol

stay with us OT and take care of urself ok? *hugs* xxx
xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:19 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Wow! The joys of going to the doc. My Blood presure is through the roof. Well, I had an appointment a 1 and was called back at 3:30. Go figure... Why on Earth would my blood presure be up? Other than that, all was the normal bull. Lose weight, stop eatting anything that makes life worth living. Watch the caffine, stop smoking (DuH). And after all that he told me I should live to be a real dirty and really old old man. And to stop talking smack to his nurses. Very Happy

I am not making this up. I hurt my knee running back around April. I went to a Sports Medicine Clinic.
After the examination, the doctor told me, "Whatever activity you were doing when you hurt the
knee, stop doing that activity"

Isn't there some old Henny Youngman joke like, 'Doctor it hurts when I do this.' The doctor says 'don't do that.' ?

I could not believe what I was hearing.
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:53 am

First I would like to thank all of you wonderful idiots out there for all of your kindness and warm wishes. And as far as falling of of the porch goes, well been there--done that. Which means no more of Aunt Sally's home made hot cider (at least that is what she calls it) and trying to make that old rocker do 50 mph when those college girls walk by.

Update, I am still alive. I sure don't feel like it though. Doing a withdrawal from that medicine is a bitch. All of my muscles hurt, I can't sleep and I am still having a lot of trouble at times breathing. It sure is a funny feeling when you wake up at 2 in the morning and wonder why you are gasping fo air. But the doctor said that it was just like a kidney stone and it to would pass sooner or later.

And being the good doctor that he is he still wants me to lose weight so without telling me what it was for he snuck in a prescription for some really powerful water pills. which whe taken as ordered will make sure that when you finally do go to bed to try and get some sleep you will be awake in about 20 to 30 minutes to pee. And this will go on all night.

Revenge will be so sweet, I will bake him my very best chocolate cupcakes with icing and it will be loaded with x-lax. Did that to an old girl friend I wanted to get rid of. Should have seen what happened to her in the middle of the best restaurant in town.

Well, I just took Linda to work and feed my face. So I think I will hunker down on the couch for a spell and try to get a little shut eye. But before I do I want to tell you bums one more time. When taking any medication whether new or old, if there is anything at all that happens to you please, please please don't wait. Pick up the phone and tell your doctor. You really do not want to go through what I am going through right now. And I pray you never do. I will be in and out of here as well as my sanity fo a while yet. So take care and bless all of your ornery hides. OT Very Happy I love you Laughing

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:54 am

par84forme wrote:

I am not making this up. I hurt my knee running back around April. I went to a Sports Medicine Clinic.
After the examination, the doctor told me, "Whatever activity you were doing when you hurt the
knee, stop doing that activity"

Isn't there some old Henny Youngman joke like, 'Doctor it hurts when I do this.' The doctor says 'don't do that.' ?

I could not believe what I was hearing.
unreal. still... lmao. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:58 am

Old Timer wrote:First I would like to thank all of you wonderful idiots out there for all of your kindness and warm wishes. And as far as falling of of the porch goes, well been there--done that. Which means no more of Aunt Sally's home made hot cider (at least that is what she calls it) and trying to make that old rocker do 50 mph when those college girls walk by.

Update, I am still alive. I sure don't feel like it though. Doing a withdrawal from that medicine is a bitch. All of my muscles hurt, I can't sleep and I am still having a lot of trouble at times breathing. It sure is a funny feeling when you wake up at 2 in the morning and wonder why you are gasping fo air. But the doctor said that it was just like a kidney stone and it to would pass sooner or later.

And being the good doctor that he is he still wants me to lose weight so without telling me what it was for he snuck in a prescription for some really powerful water pills. which whe taken as ordered will make sure that when you finally do go to bed to try and get some sleep you will be awake in about 20 to 30 minutes to pee. And this will go on all night.

Revenge will be so sweet, I will bake him my very best chocolate cupcakes with icing and it will be loaded with x-lax. Did that to an old girl friend I wanted to get rid of. Should have seen what happened to her in the middle of the best restaurant in town.

Well, I just took Linda to work and feed my face. So I think I will hunker down on the couch for a spell and try to get a little shut eye. But before I do I want to tell you bums one more time. When taking any medication whether new or old, if there is anything at all that happens to you please, please please don't wait. Pick up the phone and tell your doctor. You really do not want to go through what I am going through right now. And I pray you never do. I will be in and out of here as well as my sanity fo a while yet. So take care and bless all of your ornery hides. OT Very Happy I love you Laughing
too funny! affraid

i'm glad you're doing better, ot.
i can't wait for you to come back and bitch and moan like the good old days, umm...like last week. bounce
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down