Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blown out of proportion or not?

+9
JReed
Grim17
Peregrine(Endangered)
Americanadian
Jax74
Big Slick
HotParadox
PaulM
CarolinaHound
13 posters

Go down

Blown out of proportion or not? Empty Blown out of proportion or not?

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:53 pm

I'm sure we've all heard about the great special Olympics gaff Obama made on Leno last night. I think it was a stupid comment that's been blown way out of proportion. I think the bigger issue is why the heck does he think he has time to do talk shows when the country is in the mess it is. And for Christ sake give the man his teleprompter, he looks stupid without it. jmo

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Blown out of proportion or not? Empty Re: Blown out of proportion or not?

Post by PaulM Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:10 pm

IMO there's nothing "Presidential" about him... he comes across as a 'pitch-man', a spokesperson... just the face on the poster, nothing more. He's not a leader.
PaulM
PaulM

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:26 pm

his demeanor and that of the audience reminds me of the popular kid who was just elected senior class president and shows up at the post election rally. outside of high school, i've never seen so many people lose their common sense and go gaga like this over a president.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:29 pm

Yes it has been blown way out of proportion. He was taking a shot at himself not the special olympics. And I know every single one of you have made an off the cuff comment about some other group in jest.

I know as a president it was not a smart thing to do and he probably should not have said that. But too often people forget that politicians are just people too.

We have bigger fish to fry than some random comment made on Leno.

Let it go.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:56 pm

as far as what bo said... what slick said.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:46 pm

Yes president teleprompter was taking a shot at himself but he was doing it by comparing himself to a group he considers inferior to himslef. Ill bet you a thousand bucks there are many people in the special olympics that can beat him at almost any sport yet he is acting as if he being a total amature at something makes him as good as they are. What did he say he bowled? A 129? thats not good lmao! Ill bet many many special needs people who bowl would destroy that number.

It was a thoughtless, careless thing to say and yes its probably being taken to seriously by some but if the comment had been made by a conservative there would have been a giant outcry by certain groups just like always, and people saying "see, conservatives are heartless and cruel. They dont care about people". Rush Limbaugh was fired and ridiculed for saying that Donavan McNabb was a media darling becuase the media wanted a black QB to do well. What Limbaugh said was also a thoughtless, careless thing to say but he was crucified for saying it.

Obama is absolutely horrible when speaking without a teleprompter. I have never head a public speaker say.uh.....uh...well um....uh....er.....well.....uh,so much in my entire life. Honestly he should take a public speaking class at the least. He can deliver a speach but when he doesnt have it written down for him to read hes terrible.

I officially dub him PresidentTeleprompter.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:01 pm

He's worse than Bush? Or did Bush merely keep flapping his yap no matter if it was coherent or not?
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:24 pm

We just can't let him be...We wanted change...we got it...he is a different type of President that has no fear of getting out there with the public...He is doing things differently....I find it refreshing...I'm saying that without getting political.I really not concerned about his motives right now..he has only been there roughly 90 days...can't we cut him a break??? If he fails our country...vote him out in 2012. we make fun of the teleprompter....If Bush had been smart he would of used one...talk about someone that needed it. I don't think he made the comment in a mean spirited way..sure wish he hadn't made it...but its done....many of politicians had made the same type or worst comments.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:18 pm

Blown out of proportion or not?

Yes... The political correctness in this country has gone off the charts.

I do expect that the right will exploit his gaff, for the same reason that the left exploited a certain republican congressman being gay. It contradicts what the party as a whole embraces. The right is for family values, and the left are the champions of political correctness.

The bigger issue here, is how the president can go on Leno, crack jokes and shoot the bull, while America faces the biggest financial crisis that this country has likely ever seen. It was a bad decision, and even though I don't think much of him anyway, it still found it very disappointing.

He's the president and he needs to at least start acting like it.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:38 pm

Could he be trying to put us at ease? This economy is the worst I have seen in my lifetime.He knows it!..should we stop laughing, singing, crying, loving..what can change in one day off..This crisis is going to be with us for awhile. I for one am not going to sit frozen in fear...maybe we need to hear some jokes..have you heard any good ones lately????
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:55 pm

Yes it's being blown out of proportion.

I have so many completley out of line jokes to tell right now that I can't even continue...I'll get banned for sure.
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 am

Completely blown out of proportion in my opinion, the only people that are gonna make a big deal about it have a political axe to grind.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:45 am

Big Slick wrote:Yes it has been blown way out of proportion. He was taking a shot at himself not the special olympics. And I know every single one of you have made an off the cuff comment about some other group in jest.

I know as a president it was not a smart thing to do and he probably should not have said that. But too often people forget that politicians are just people too.

Let it go.

Exactly, I call my co-workers retards, mongaloids, window lickers, etc. Is it PC? No. Do I give a flying fuck? No.

He's real, I like that about the guy.

People need to stop with the drama.....
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:29 am

luciano wrote:
Big Slick wrote:Yes it has been blown way out of proportion. He was taking a shot at himself not the special olympics. And I know every single one of you have made an off the cuff comment about some other group in jest.

Let it go.

Exactly, I call my co-workers retards, mongaloids, window lickers, etc. Is it PC? No. Do I give a flying fuck? No.

He's real, I like that about the guy.

People need to stop with the drama.....

My favorite rebutal is , "Fighting on the internet is like competing in the special olympics, even if you win, you're still 'special'". Yea that's the word I use, special. Wink Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:31 am

i don't care about the remark. obama shouldn't have been there in the first place. and leno was absolutely SICKENING to watch as he drooled all over himself in obama's presence. Embarassed

CV

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:45 am

Susan aka CV wrote:i don't care about the remark. obama shouldn't have been there in the first place. and leno was absolutely SICKENING to watch as he drooled all over himself in obama's presence. Embarassed

CV

That's what I'm talking about. I really beginning to believe he's just a speech maker, and not even good at that without help. I'm beginning to think Pelosi is running the country more than him. It reminds me of school children who know they're going to have a easy substitute for a couple weeks while their teacher is out. Basketball

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:59 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:i don't care about the remark. obama shouldn't have been there in the first place. and leno was absolutely SICKENING to watch as he drooled all over himself in obama's presence. Embarassed

CV
Maybe I'm on crack or thinking of someone else...but I thought I had heard that Leno was a republican???
JReed
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by box86rowh Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:04 pm

I think its a disgrace to see Obama running around on late night tv and wasting his time filling out a bracket on espn....it seems like he would have something better to do with his time...it just seems he is stuck in campaign mode...
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:27 pm

He could be going to Camp David and staying out of sight...would that be better???? More acceptable???? Very Happy I didn't see him running around on stage...did I miss something????
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:38 am

CV

Yeah he did drool all over himself. Did you see where Leno did sak BO one tuff question and BO sort of paused, like it caught him off guard? Instantly Leno was like......"oh, uh well you want to take a break? we will take a break and come right back" to give president teleprompter time to come up with his answer. In fact during the break they probably set up a teleprompter real quick for him to use. lol

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:28 pm

Yes it is blown out of proportion, I mean bite me once, err well bite me twice and shame on, uhhh oh just forget it.

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum