Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody worried about N. Korea?

+2
Grim17
Big Slick
6 posters

Go down

Anybody worried about N. Korea? Empty Anybody worried about N. Korea?

Post by Big Slick Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:24 pm

Has anybody been following what's happening in N. Korea? Do you think it will escalate or just a bunch of tough talk? Can we afford another war on another front in a totally different theater?

For those of you who haven't been following it, here's what's happening in a nutshell.

North Korea has been developing nuclear technology. They've test fired a few medium range missles that can reach Japan and possibly Guam.

In April they are planning to launch a communications satalite into orbit. The UN says this is a disguised test of a long range ballistic missile. The UN says it is a violation of their treaty. N. Korea says they have the right to pursure a space program like any other country.

The US says it has the capability and will shoot down the rocket if it is launched.

N. Korea says if the US shoots down their rocket it will be considered an act of war and will retaliate.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Anybody worried about N. Korea? Empty Re: Anybody worried about N. Korea?

Post by Grim17 Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:24 pm

Well, many people said that if Obama got elected, this would embolden some of our enemies. In fact, Biden even said that Obama would be tested with an international incident early in his presidency. North Korea backed off their nuclear program and had toned down it's bullshit the last 2 years, and I find it curious that they have gotten brave since Obama got elected.

Obama also killed Bush's plan to deploy a missile defense system in Europe, designed protect them in the event Russia, China or a country like Iran might launch an attack. Not long after Obama announced this, we learned that Russia has just struck a deal with Cuba and Venezuela, for them to host their strategic bombers.

Coincidence?
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:27 pm

Grim17 wrote:Well, many people said that if Obama got elected, this would embolden some of our enemies. In fact, Biden even said that Obama would be tested with an international incident early in his presidency. North Korea backed off their nuclear program and had toned down it's bullshit the last 2 years, and I find it curious that they have gotten brave since Obama got elected.

Obama also killed Bush's plan to deploy a missile defense system in Europe, designed protect them in the event Russia, China or a country like Iran might launch an attack. Not long after Obama announced this, we learned that Russia has just struck a deal with Cuba and Venezuela, for them to host their strategic bombers.

Coincidence?

I can't shake the feeling that we are being sold down the river. Anyone else feel the same?

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:08 am

We as far as I know have the tech to stop any missile fired by N. Korea. If something slips past our defenses. If they were that stupid to try anything. I don't have to tell you what that means.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:22 am

I used to be worried about DPNK, but the it just seems like they want the weapons to have as bargaining chips to me now after watching them for all these years. I mean I dont want them to have any weapons whatsoever but it worries me much less than Iran, Bush pretty much let North Korea do whatever they wanted because we couldnt do anything about it really but send that moron Bolton over there. He also let Iran walk all over him, they basically control Iraq now with the shia-dominated government we pretty much installed by chasing the prominent Sunnis down in the beginning of the war. This is just one more of the examples of Bush's piss poor planning of the war. Now the government is a puppet of the state of Iran. I worry much more about the Iranians having them than Kim Jong-il. I think they would be more likely to actually use one(most likely Israel) than NK, but still I would like to see Obama talk to North Korea the way he is attempting to talk with Iran, it's a change of policy and may work better with NK than Iran. Im open to our government having meaningful dialogue with both countries though, I would like to see a peaceful plan worked out with both countries, then when a country breaks the agreement, it's much easier to justify using sanctions or even force to punish them for it. We would probably even have volunteers to help us instead of the going it alone.

Also, the possibility of radicals stealing nuclear material is probably higher in Iran, just by the fact there are more radicals in that part of the world.

I dont know thats just the way I see it, yeah I dont want NK to have nukes but Id much rather see Iran be dealt with first, I dont see North Korea actually ever using the weapons. To say they dont worry me a bit would be lying though.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Americanadian Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:30 am

OOhh! N. Korea would retaliate??? Noo!! Not N.Korea!!!! affraid

Just park a nuclear sub offshore in the event Korea wants to play with the big boys. Remind them who's the boss and if they try something stupid, they can easily wipe the smirk off the little shrimp's face with a mushroom cloud.

Then we won't have to worry about any more Hyundai's or Kia's polluting our country. Unless those mechanical abominations are made in S.Korea. Opps!
Americanadian
Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down