Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money Well Spent

+3
Peregrine(Endangered)
Jax74
Grim17
7 posters

Go down

Money Well Spent Empty Money Well Spent

Post by Grim17 Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Money Well Spent
March 17, 2009

President Barack Obama, February 12, 2009:

And I'm not the only one who thinks so. Yesterday, Jim, the head of Caterpillar, said that if Congress passes our plan, this company will be able to rehire some of the folks who were just laid off. And that's a story I'm confident will be repeated at companies across the country -- companies that are currently struggling to borrow money selling their products, struggling to make payroll, but could find themselves in a different position when we start implementing the plan. Rather than downsizing, they may be able to start growing again. Rather than cutting jobs, they may be able to create them again.

That's the goal at the heart of this plan: to create jobs.

Business Insider, today:

What infrastructure boom? If there is one, Caterpillar (CAT), whose CEO promised Obama that the stimulus would allow it to keep more employees, isn't seeing one.

The company just announced another 2,454 layoffs in three states. This is the company's third round of layoffs in just a few months.

Why, it's almost as though the stimulus package was just a payoff to Democrat constituent groups rather than a serious attempt to help the economy!

LINK
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Money Well Spent Empty Re: Money Well Spent

Post by Jax74 Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:00 pm

I dont have a link to the story but there is also a report that the CEO of Caterpillar did not say what Obama said he did. He told someone that Obama asked him "If a responsible stimulus pkg was passed would that allow you to rehire employees" He replied "yes if a responsible stimulus pkg were passed that might allow us to do that". Obama then comes out and put words in his mouth, twisting what he said. Obama said publicly that the CEO of Caterpillar would be able to rehire employees if this stimulus pkg was passed. That is not what he said to the president. The CEO of Caterpillar said BO set him up.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Lets face it people...all that really comes out of Washington is bullshit wheter its republican or democratic. I've been around the block. I'm in my 60's so I have had years of this crap to unravell in my lifetime...my feelings, you just can't trust them to do the right thing...they are always occupied with the NEXT election...thats what is constantly on their minds starting the day after the last election...next you can't trust the media to give accurate coverage of any story...they are biased one way or the other...the only way you get the truth is to hunt for it yourself. Good Luck people...I honestly mean that!!! Cool

Last edited by Peregrine(Endangered) on Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:13 pm

Jax74 wrote:I dont have a link to the story but there is also a report that the CEO of Caterpillar did not say what Obama said he did. He told someone that Obama asked him "If a responsible stimulus pkg was passed would that allow you to rehire employees" He replied "yes if a responsible stimulus pkg were passed that might allow us to do that". Obama then comes out and put words in his mouth, twisting what he said. Obama said publicly that the CEO of Caterpillar would be able to rehire employees if this stimulus pkg was passed. That is not what he said to the president. The CEO of Caterpillar said BO set him up.

I did a little checking... I think this is what you were talking about: