Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Colts release Harrison

3 posters

Go down

Colts release Harrison Empty Colts release Harrison

Post by Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:56 pm

I knew this was coming, he's just getting old. But I'm still sad. The Colts have lost Dungy and now Harrison. Saturday is still up in the air, but I really hope they work things out with him - he's fantastic.

I'm really nervous for their next season though. They still have a strong team, but who knows...

Back to top Go down

Colts release Harrison Empty Re: Colts release Harrison

Post by Theophilus Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:51 am

I am not a Colts fan. Though I have to say Harrison had class. Not to mention being a great wide receiver.

I have not read the story. I wonder do you think he will retire?

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:38 am

Isnt Harrison about to do a few months in jail or something?

Im shocked they havent re-signed Saturday yet, I gotta think Manning isnt happy about them not signing him yet. He is a very important part of that attack and knowing how Manning likes to do his pre-snap motions and all that, I think they would struggle for a bit with a new center, probably a lot of dumb penalties.

I dont really think them cutting Harrison is a big deal, he's old, it's the NFL, thats how it goes.

I did think the Colts had a good chance next year, they changed coaches but they hired internally so I think not much is gonna change, Manning should be back to full strength and I believe Brady is gonna be slightly "off" for at least a year like Manning was this past year, he just wasnt the same really.

I think the afc teams to beat next year will be the Steelers(obviously), the Chargers, and maybe the Colts depending on what they do in this offseason and if they can keep Sanders healthy, he's just too small and gets dinged up easy the way he plays. I think 2010 if any will be when the Pats are back, Brady is gonna struggle next year in my opinion. Everyone that has had that injury does. I think the Titans were a flash in the pan(extremely easy schedule this year), and if the Ravens dont bring back 2 of the 3 linebackers (Lewis, Suggs, and Scott), its over for them for awhile too. I still dont believe the Dolphins are a playoff contender too.

Cant wait for football season, watching the Pittsburgh Pirates until August is torture.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey
Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2009-01-13

https://talkusdown.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 pm

I had forgot about Harrison maybe facing jail. I can't even remember what that was about.

I am a SF giants fan. Last season sure was not stellar. I am hopeful for a better season this year.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah he owns a Philadelphia car wash or mechanic shop and he had a gun there in his name, probably to protect his business, and someone used it.

I dont even hope with the Pirates anymore, I know we are gonna be bad, lol. The ownership dont care.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:36 pm

luciano wrote:Yeah he owns a Philadelphia car wash or mechanic shop and he had a gun there in his name, probably to protect his business, and someone used it.

I dont even hope with the Pirates anymore, I know we are gonna be bad, lol. The ownership dont care.

When you see teams like the pirates, KC Royals, and yes my SF giants. All you can do is shake your head.

No

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:58 pm

I have a 49er's sweatshirt, when I was a little girl and Steve Young played for them that was my team. It was my dad's shirt, but I kind of permanently borrowed it. I still love the 49er's, as well as the Lions (I grew up in Michigan). But I'm also a Manning fan - BOTH Mannings. I think they're more classy than a lot of high paid QB's. That's part of why I'm going to miss Dungy and Harrison. In general, the Colts are a respectable team.

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:32 pm

I remember when I first started watching football(5 years old), I liked the Bears and that Super Bowl Shuffle song. Then the next couple years, I rooted for the Broncos in the playoffs to beat the Browns. Then they got blown out in their Super Bowls. I really didnt get into the Steelers much until I was like 9 and they finally had a good team and when they hired Bill Cowher is when I really fell in love with the Steelers.

But I loved John Elway his whole career, he was a great player.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh how I miss the old days.......................

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by box86rowh Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:52 pm

Its all about the Pats!!!
box86rowh
box86rowh

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:06 pm

luciano wrote:I remember when I first started watching football(5 years old), I liked the Bears and that Super Bowl Shuffle song. Then the next couple years, I rooted for the Broncos in the playoffs to beat the Browns. Then they got blown out in their Super Bowls. I really didnt get into the Steelers much until I was like 9 and they finally had a good team and when they hired Bill Cowher is when I really fell in love with the Steelers.

But I loved John Elway his whole career, he was a great player.

I should add he pissed me off pretty bad in 1997 season(game was actually played in 1998) when he beat my Steelers in Pittsburgh to go to the Super Bowl. Neutral

Last edited by luciano on Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:06 pm

box86rowh wrote:Its all about the Pats!!!

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Wink
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by luciano Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Well anyway, back to the OP, lol. I think if Donovan McNabb is gonna remain in Philly, that is where Marvin is gonna play next year. Thats my guess, heard some rumblings bout that this week.

McNabb must be persuasive, he talked TO to join the Eagles at the Pro Bowl the year before he signed with the Eagles. Bet he regrets that. But Harrison and McNabb also played together in college at Syracuse. Id like to see them team up again, they should be one of the best teams in the NFL again next year. It's just the NFC East is so damn strong, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, and even the Redskins have a decent team. Id like to see the NFL add 2 more playoff teams, 1 in each conference and only award 1 bye in each conf., last year the Browns(10-6) got snubbed and this year the Pats(11-5) got left out. As much as I hate the Pats, I dont think any 11-5 team should ever be left out of the playoffs.
luciano
luciano

Male
Aries Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:10 am

luciano wrote:Well anyway, back to the OP, lol. I think if Donovan McNabb is gonna remain in Philly, that is where Marvin is gonna play next year. Thats my guess, heard some rumblings bout that this week.

McNabb must be persuasive, he talked TO to join the Eagles at the Pro Bowl the year before he signed with the Eagles. Bet he regrets that. But Harrison and McNabb also played together in college at Syracuse. Id like to see them team up again, they should be one of the best teams in the NFL again next year. It's just the NFC East is so damn strong, Cowboys, Giants, Eagles, and even the Redskins have a decent team. Id like to see the NFL add 2 more playoff teams, 1 in each conference and only award 1 bye in each conf., last year the Browns(10-6) got snubbed and this year the Pats(11-5) got left out. As much as I hate the Pats, I dont think any 11-5 team should ever be left out of the playoffs.

How about making a rule that you can only get into the playoff's if you have 10 wins or more. I don't know how that would affect things if for example no one in the NFC west had less than 10 wins. It's something when you can have an 8 and 8 team like San Diego get in and the Pats 11 an 5 don't.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum