Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa"

3 posters

Go down

Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa" Empty Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa"

Post by Frankg Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:09 pm

Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa"

Maybe he thought he was in one of the northern 57 states ?

Or, maybe he was thinking of Kentucky??

Whatever, the Bumbler in Chief made a great first impression with the Canadians today, via JWF:

President Obama and Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper just started their joint news conference, the first such dual podium event for the new president.

The newness is showing - the president began his remarks with, "It's a great pleasure to be here in Iowa - Ottawa."

Obama says "it's great to be" pretty much anywhere he goes. Iowa was a key battleground state, but also the Jan. 4, 2008 caucus was his first win during the Democratic primary election. It swung his way in November, and a Downtown Des Moines rally on Halloween was one of his last campaign stops before winning the presidency.

Flubbing the name of a location has happened to many politicians, and has happened to the president before.
"Flubbing has happened to many politicians..."
It's amazing what a pass they give this guy.

And, just think, it wasn't that long ago that he was calling Prime Minister Harper the President of Canada.
http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/
Frankg
Frankg

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa" Empty Re: Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa"

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:34 pm

Oh, ya. They love him. They were all over stuff like that with Bush from day one because they hated him and every time he misspoke, they reported it and called him a buffoon. And that behavior by the media sways the opinion of the general American public.

But, the media loves to hate and at some point they'll have their way with BO too. It's stupid behavior on the medias' part. The American public is so easily swayed by the media, and I am of the opinion that silly negative press like that does nothing for the overall moral of the country. For the press to make a mockery of the office and to mock The President of The United States is irresponsible behavior. That's just how I see it, though.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa" Empty Re: Bumbler In Chief In Canada: "It's a Pleasure to Be Here In Iowa"

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:07 pm

HotParadox wrote: They were all over stuff like that with Bush from day one because they hated him and every time he misspoke, they reported it and called him a buffoon. And that behavior by the media sways the opinion of the general American public. .

And so it jolly well should!

Indeed, if anything, it isn't used enough by the public.

And on the other side, there was also plenty of spin from the Bushco machine, so I won't quite go reaching for my paper hankies to cry for Dubya quite yet. Sad

Being tagged as a buffoon is nothing.

Some would argue, and I feel they have a point, that he should have stood trial for war crimes. He and his closest. So being called a name should be nothing. Some leaders of his type are tried and executed or imprisoned.

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:11 pm

Steve, they were crapping on Bush from day one. That was their mission and that was before he screwed up.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:31 pm

HotParadox wrote:Steve, they were crapping on Bush from day one. That was their mission and that was before he screwed up.

Who are 'they'..?

Sorry, I find it hard to feel sorry for a man like him, and his inner circle of that time.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:15 pm

"They" are the media. I don't like BO's inner circle, just like you don't like Bush's. But I don't want the media to crap on BO like they did on Bush. Sorry, that's the difference between you and me, I guess.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:50 pm

HotParadox wrote:"They" are the media. I don't like BO's inner circle, just like you don't like Bush's. But I don't want the media to crap on BO like they did on Bush. Sorry, that's the difference between you and me, I guess.

Well, see, that is what happens when you have a free press - even the President can be criticised and even made a parody of. And why not? For all the faults of the press, we would not want them to revere and give fawning respect to any President or leader, that to me woud sound like Pravda, and the media of a totalitarian Gov.

Who are BO's 'inner circle', and why specifically do you not like them?

I am going to admit that I didn't care for Bush and his cronies, since they were culpable of creating war, and costing lives, not to mention bustin' the economy.

They also let their own people down in cases like Hurrican Katrina.

The media didn't need to make fun of Bush, he did that perfectly well, all by himself.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:45 am

I always felt really bad for Bush and how he was made fun of for his lack of public speaking skills. The majority of people cannot public speak, and it was frustrating to watch people who'd never been in his situation poke fun at him. They don't understand how hard it is to do that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 am

lisan23 wrote:I always felt really bad for Bush and how he was made fun of for his lack of public speaking skills. The majority of people cannot public speak, and it was frustrating to watch people who'd never been in his situation poke fun at him. They don't understand how hard it is to do that.

I think you are being too kind.

Sure, for the average person in the street, public speaking can cause anxiety.

But Bush was no member of the hoi pollio.

He was the leader of the most powerful nation on Earth.

Therefore, speaking publically, in a clear and concise manner is a MUST.

Listen to Blair or Obama.

Irrespective of what you think of their politics, they are so much slicker in what they say.

Talking of which.

It is not just how Bush said things that merits the criticisms he had.

It was often what he said, and even what he didn't know.

Now, if you happen to be a burger flipper at MacDee's, that is fine.

But not for President, true?

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:28 am

More people fear public speaking than death - so it applies to more than just your average Joe. Being a good president, IMO, doesn't mean you need to be a good public speaker. There were plenty of legitimate things to pick on Bush for, I won't argue that. But I found it a bit funny that most of the people who would poke fun of him did through so writing... I wonder how many of those who weren't comedians who gave Bush a hard time about his speech could public speak.

And Bush did say some really stupid things... like the whole basing his foreign policy on his belief that God wants all countries to be free. That was stupid and he can picked on for that.

What I'm referring to is more of the Bushisms... words that don't really exist.

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am

All the people that have already been discussed ad nauseum in the press that BO at one point did or now does associate himself with, are who I don't like, just like millions of other Americans do not. A quick google.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:51 am

lisan23 wrote:More people fear public speaking than death - so it applies to more than just your average Joe. Being a good president, IMO, doesn't mean you need to be a good public speaker. There were plenty of legitimate things to pick on Bush for, I won't argue that. But I found it a bit funny that most of the people who would poke fun of him did through so writing... I wonder how many of those who weren't comedians who gave Bush a hard time about his speech could public speak.

And Bush did say some really stupid things... like the whole basing his foreign policy on his belief that God wants all countries to be free. That was stupid and he can picked on for that.

Excellent, honest post, lisan.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:14 am

lisan23 wrote:More people fear public speaking than death - so it applies to more than just your average Joe. Being a good president, IMO, doesn't mean you need to be a good public speaker. There were plenty of legitimate things to pick on Bush for, I won't argue that. But I found it a bit funny that most of the people who would poke fun of him did through so writing... I wonder how many of those who weren't comedians who gave Bush a hard time about his speech could public speak.

A good statesman must be eloquent and intelligent, surely? Bush, politics aside, was neither. He became a parody of himself. It is as important to be a good communicator in this role, as it would be if you were making a living in sales!

There really was no excuse for him to be such an ass.

I am sure he received professional coaching, so the fact that he remained so bad at it suggests that he was a poor student.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down