Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget

5 posters

Go down

How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget Empty How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget

Post by thomasjay Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Disclaimer- The below posts in this thread are written using readily available information. Any references to personal experience are literary license on my part and purely fictional.

If you choose to partake in the herb, there's numerous advantages to growing your own. First and
foremost, you have control over quality and purity. And assuming you're an otherwise law abiding
citizen, you don't have to worry about getting caught up in a bust, or dealing with the moral
dilemma that somewhere down the line your money is going to some not very nice criminal elements. Last but not least, after a small initial investment, you'll have a steady supply for under $50 us per month

Assuming you own your home, have a low traffic room and don't have a black thumb, using this
method you can safely and securely produce a steady supply.Almost all of the equipment and
supplies can be purchased from standard hardware stores and garden centers. If you rent or lease
your home you need to weigh the risks of landlord and maintenence intrusions in your situation. It's usually not a good idea.

What you need for starters is 2 cabinets, one 20"-24 " high minimum and one at 30-36" height
minimum. Alternatively, you can use a small closet that can be divided vertically into 2
sections.What you want to do is setup the shorter section for propagation and vegetative cycle
growth and the taller one for flowering. Fill any joints and seams with wood putty and paint the
interior a flat white. install keyed locks on the cabinets or closets, and the room itself if practical.

Now you'll need lighting.First things first make sure your electrical circuits and outlets can
safely handle the wattage you'll be using. In addition to fixtures and bulbs, you'll need multi-
strips, hvy duty indoor outdoor extension cords and two non-digital heavy duty appliance timers.

For the vegetative chamber you can use either standard plugin flourescent shop lights if they'll
fit, or compact fluorescents hung off closet rods.You need to measure the area of your space to
determine the number of lights you need to provide adequate lumens. You'll want a minimum of 1500
lumens/sf (19000/sm)for vegetative growth, the more the merrier. It's best to use a mix of cool
white and daylight (5000k-6000k)bulbs to get a good color spectrum.

For the flowering chamber you need to boost your lumens to at least 2500/sf (32000/sm). The
shoplights alone won't cut it for this so you'll have to use cfls. I actually use a mixture, i have shoplights hung overhead to serve as reflectors and supplemental lighting, and cfls hung down
the center between them for a total of 3900 lumens/sf. In this chamber you want to use soft white
bulbs, 2700k color temperature. You might also want to consider adding high intensity red flashing
leds, though at $48 us each, they're kind of pricey compared to the other materials.

Plug each multi-strip into a timer. Set the veg lighting for 18 hours on 6 off each day, and the
flowering to 12/12 when your ready to flower.With the lights on, close and lock everything up and
turn off the room lights. Check for any light leakage.If your using a divided shelved closet make
sure your flowering section gets no light from the veg section. Black plastic sheeting, or better
yet special zebra sheeting can be hung to take care of any light leakage.

Now you're ready to get some gardening supplies and start your seed. Cool

Last edited by thomasjay on Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : speling)

thomasjay

Number of posts : 176
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Back to top Go down

How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget Empty Re: How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:02 pm

Disclaimer- The below is written using readily available information. Any references to personal
experience are literary license on my part and purely fictional.

lmao.... just sayin... Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget Empty Re: How to setup a continuous grow stealth cannabis mini-factory on a low budget

Post by thomasjay Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:13 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Disclaimer- The below is written using readily available information. Any references to personal

It is! I swear Laughing

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 6:25 pm

thomasjay wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

It is! I swear Laughing

I believe you, really I do. Just thought I'd let you know I was having one of my lmao fits. It's something like torrets, I lmao for no good reason and have to let everyone know. Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by jigglepete Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:56 pm

I use a 400 watt switchable magnetic HID for vegging (at an 18 hour day, that is about 20$ USD a month to run), although I only use the HPS side if my MH bulb blows. My flowering area is charged with a 600 watt electronic ballast (at 12 hours on time about 20$ dollars a month to run as well) in a 4.5'x4.5'x7' free standing grow box...With all the fans pumps and other atmosphere control, I use the power of a family of five, but it will totally be worth it when I finally become completely self sustained...My goal is to never enter a produce department ever again...

jigglepete

Male
Gemini Snake
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : Gardening/GARdening
Humor : Some think yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:44 am

jigglepete wrote:I use a 400 watt switchable magnetic HID for vegging (at an 18 hour day, that is about 20$ USD a month to run), although I only use the HPS side if my MH bulb blows. My flowering area is charged with a 600 watt electronic ballast (at 12 hours on time about 20$ dollars a month to run as well) in a 4.5'x4.5'x7' free standing grow box...With all the fans pumps and other atmosphere control, I use the power of a family of five, but it will totally be worth it when I finally become completely self sustained...My goal is to never enter a produce department ever again...

If you have the headroom and can inconspicuously setup the necessary environmental controls, HID is definitely the way to go for best yields. My setup is 4' x 2' cabinets built into a workroom shelf. I'm using 240 w for vegging and 532 w flowering. I started from bagseed march 11 last year and kept 3 plants for mothers. 1 indica, probably a kush strain, a hybrid from the White family, and a really strange sativa. Knock on wood, I haven't needed to go to the produce aisle since September and barring unforeseen disasters shouldn't need to go again. Ever Very Happy

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:51 am

Have either of you ever tried hydroponic? Would it work? Just curious.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:56 am

CarolinaHound wrote:Have either of you ever tried hydroponic? Would it work? Just curious.

Hydro can work very well, though I've never done it myself. Soil and hydro both have advantages and disadvantages.

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:13 pm

thomasjay wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:Have either of you ever tried hydroponic? Would it work? Just curious.

Hydro can work very well, though I've never done it myself. Soil and hydro both have advantages and disadvantages.

I've always wanted to try it with some tomatos and peppers, but heck I haven't even gotten around to building a green house yet.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:03 pm

thomasjay wrote:

jigglepete is the guy to go to, he works in hydroponics. He has good info..I actually grew a tomato plant using hydroponic methods...I had some sucess but it obviously takes alot of work and oversite.
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by thomasjay Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:43 pm

Speaking of tomatos and peppers, it's almost time to get started on them. I should've already started some greens and lettuce, need to get them going asap.

thomasjay

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:08 pm

Watched a very informative and educational Mational Geographic Program Last Night regarding this subject. It is amazing how much Cannabis is grown in such a manner in the U.S. and Canada, much less anywhere else in the world. Canada allows people to cosume the stuff, under some law that legalizes the cultureing of this material for medical puposes. Of course there are many others that use it. Seems that the law ignores this illegal use.
They showed a "Head-Shop" with an large and amazing amount and variety of implements which cannabis users could buy and use. There were some Bongs they showed that must have cost several hundred dollars. THis seems to be the way to go. As the material, when smoked, is filtered through water, trapping a lot of tar and other foul agents. Thereby just leaving a slight haze of DMT for the use to inhale.
I don't remmebr the man's name that they said was the Canadian "Pot Czar". They showed him and he gave several talks. Saif that the U.S. D.E.A. is definetly his enemy. He passes out free cannabis seeds and tells people to go and plant them wherever they like. It is claimed that there are presently at least 260,000,000 known cannabis user in the world. Many partake of the substance through other ways and means then smoking and cigarettes, pipes or bongs. MUch being incorporated into foodstuffs and taken that way.
Browine or cookie anyone? Shocked Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:12 pm

jigglepete wrote:I use a 400 watt switchable magnetic HID for vegging (at an 18 hour day, that is about 20$ USD a month to run), although I only use the HPS side if my MH bulb blows. My flowering area is charged with a 600 watt electronic ballast (at 12 hours on time about 20$ dollars a month to run as well) in a 4.5'x4.5'x7' free standing grow box...With all the fans pumps and other atmosphere control, I use the power of a family of five, but it will totally be worth it when I finally become completely self sustained...My goal is to never enter a produce department ever again...

I am suprised they don't "scope you out" because of your monthly electrical bill. Maybe you'll want to wheel an old welding machine out in plain site so that any snoopers will say: "uh, ohhhh, he's been doing a little welding, eh?". Shocked Cool Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down