Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke Empty Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Well, since I agree that this board is mostly American politics, I'll post something international, though I'm guessing the only one to respond will be YWFT.

Recently Mugabe set up a power sharing agreement with the MDC party in Zimbabwe. In my opinion, this is a complete and total joke. He is giving MDC members power in areas where the country is failing miserably (which is just about everywhere) so that he can just later place blame on them for the problems. (A lame attempt to make himself look good.) Not only that, but when Roy Bennett was supposed to be sworn in last Friday as deputy agriculture minister last Friday, instead of swearing him in they decided to arrest him on the usual type of trumped up charges.

I have to wonder how many MDC members have been jailed or even killed on made up charges. The definition of treason there reminds me of what medieval royalty thought treason was.

So... thoughts??

Back to top Go down

Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke Empty Re: Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke

Post by Old Timer Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:15 pm

That seems to be their way of life over there doesn't it?

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke Empty Re: Mugabe's "Power Sharing Agreement" a joke

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:58 pm

lisan23 wrote:Well, since I agree that this board is mostly American politics, I'll post something international, though I'm guessing the only one to respond will be YWFT.

Recently Mugabe set up a power sharing agreement with the MDC party in Zimbabwe. In my opinion, this is a complete and total joke. He is giving MDC members power in areas where the country is failing miserably (which is just about everywhere) so that he can just later place blame on them for the problems. (A lame attempt to make himself look good.) Not only that, but when Roy Bennett was supposed to be sworn in last Friday as deputy agriculture minister last Friday, instead of swearing him in they decided to arrest him on the usual type of trumped up charges.

I have to wonder how many MDC members have been jailed or even killed on made up charges. The definition of treason there reminds me of what medieval royalty thought treason was.

So... thoughts??

Yea, it's an attempt to make himself look good. He's just passing on problems and most likely still remains the one in true power. Like OT said, I wonder if they can even contemplate any other way of doing things.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:04 pm

They can, but Mugabe won't give anything up. The people there are desperate for things to change, but as long as Mugabe has power, it will be impossible. What bothers me most is when other countries with valuable resources pull this crap the world cares. The United States gets pushy with them, but Zimbabwe doesn't have any valuable resources, so it seems that internationally no one really cares. I would like to go visit the country some day, see Victoria Falls and visit Gwelo (where my dad was born and raised), but I'll be lucky to see a day when its safe enough to go visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:09 pm

Indeed it is bs that no one goes in to "liberate the people". If they found oil we'd be all up in it.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 16, 2009 4:17 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:Indeed it is bs that no one goes in to "liberate the people". If they found oil we'd be all up in it.

So true. I also wanted to add that in the most recent election the people would've likely voted Mugabe out if it had been a fair election. However, people were watched while voting by military and police officials, ballots weren't kept secret, and people noticed that some families and people were "missing" after voting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:38 pm

The man is a despot, suffering from Napolean syndrome.

He actually beleives he owns that nation.

S. Africa could do more, imho.

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:06 pm

This thread is not relevant. Mugabe has been in power for over 20 years and if Zimbawe had any oil than President George W Bush would've invaded him and make it look like his fault

Nothing to see here . Move along.
Frankg
Frankg

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:08 pm

Frankg wrote:This thread is not relevant. Mugabe has been in power for over 20 years and if Zimbawe had any oil than President George W Bush would've invaded him and make it look like his fault

Not relevant to what?

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm

Frankg wrote:This thread is not relevant. Mugabe has been in power for over 20 years and if Zimbawe had any oil than President George W Bush would've invaded him and make it look like his fault

Huh?

Are you finally conceding then that the Operation Iraqi Liberation was really about black gold then, Frank?

scratch

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:26 pm

In an effort to be nice - this thread may not be relevant to you. You may not care about Zimbabwe (just furthering my point that because they have no valuable resources people don't care - there seems to be very few humanists left). But I talk to and meet people from that country all the time, mostly through my family. They have left because of the conditions of the country. I hear the horror stories, I see the effect it's had on my own family. To me, it's incredibly relevant, it's my family history.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:35 pm

lisan23 wrote:

In an effort to be nice - this thread may not be relevant to you. You may not care about Zimbabwe (just furthering my point that because they have no valuable resources people don't care - there seems to be very few humanists left). But I talk to and meet people from that country all the time, mostly through my family. They have left because of the conditions of the country. I hear the horror stories, I see the effect it's had on my own family. To me, it's incredibly relevant, it's my family history.

Only last night I was saying that too many in the US are ignorant about, and care less about anything unrelated to the US, and their puppetmasters, Israel.

Frank's apparent indifference here merely underscores my point.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:46 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:
lisan23 wrote:

Only last night I was saying that too many in the US are ignorant about, and care less about anything unrelated to the US, and their puppetmasters, Israel.

Lol, maybe I should move to Canada or Europe. I honestly think I would probably fit in better there. But the US has it's benefits... and I'd like to stick around for at least the next 4 years to see what happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:12 pm

lisan23 wrote:

Hey, at least I made a effort to go read a couple articles about it when mentioned so I'd know what the heck lisan23 was talking about. tongue Gee wiz bite me!

lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:13 pm

Bite you? More homo erotic fantasies, chap?

sunny

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:14 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
lisan23 wrote:

Hey, at least I made a effort to go read a couple articles about it when mentioned so I'd know what the heck lisan23 was talking about. tongue Gee wiz bite me!

lol!

Is that an offer? Because I'm a biter by nature, have been since I was a baby.

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:16 pm

lisan23 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
lisan23 wrote:

lol!

Eww.. kinky! phewt phew!!!! bounce

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:17 pm

Lisa, you are not his type. Val would not be his type. With me? Mugabe could be his type, but last I heard he was going out with David Ben Ariel

Wink

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:18 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Bite you? More homo erotic fantasies, chap?

sunny

You really got a thing with the homo don't you? It's alright man, come on out the closet, we won't persacute you. Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:19 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Lisa, you are not his type. Val would not be his type. With me? Mugabe could be his type, but last I heard he was going out with David Ben Ariel

Wink

I'm laughing so hard that my daughter walked up to me and goes "Mommy, that's not funny!". I think I'm going to rip HP off and put that as my signature.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 pm

lisan23 wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Lisa, you are not his type. Val would not be his type. With me? Mugabe could be his type, but last I heard he was going out with David Ben Ariel

Wink

I'm laughing so hard that my daughter walked up to me and goes "Mommy, that's not funny!". I think I'm going to rip HP off and put that as my signature.

Go ahead.

x

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:21 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
lisan23 wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
lisan23 wrote:

lol!

Eww.. kinky! phewt phew!!!! bounce

Lol, I couldn't help it. There's been a handful of times in my life where someone will say to me "Bite me" to be a jerk... then I bite them. You don't say that to me... I'm vicious! Maybe that's why the cat likes me so much...

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:Bite you? More homo erotic fantasies, chap?

sunny

You really got a thing with the homo don't you? It's alright man, come on out the closet, we won't persacute you. Laughing

CH spotted by some Greek fans at a football game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifN1wHjcT7E

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:26 pm

lmao!!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:44 pm

Originally posted by Lisan
In an effort to be nice - this thread may not be relevant to you. You may not care about Zimbabwe (just furthering my point that because they have no valuable resources people don\'t care - there seems to be very few humanists left). But I talk to and meet people from that country all the time, mostly through my family. They have left because of the conditions of the country. I hear the horror stories, I see the effect it\'s had on my own family. To me, it\'s incredibly relevant, it\'s my family history.

Oh , so you or member's of your family are Zimbabwian refugee's and you came to this country to adavantage of our great welfare system, well good for you !

If I was living under those conditions I'd probably do the same exact thing.

Maybe there's upside to socialism after all

Last edited by Frankg on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:48 pm

Frank stop being such a freaking reptile.

You are living evidence of what David Icke claims about men changing into lizards.

Wink

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Sorry C-Head but I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Frankg wrote:[quote=\"lisan23\"][quote=\"Frankg\"]This thread is not relevant. Mugabe has been in power for over 20 years and if Zimbawe had any oil than President George W Bush would\'ve invaded him and make it look like his fault

In an effort to be nice - this thread may not be relevant to you. You may not care about Zimbabwe (just furthering my point that because they have no valuable resources people don\'t care - there seems to be very few humanists left). But I talk to and meet people from that country all the time, mostly through my family. They have left because of the conditions of the country. I hear the horror stories, I see the effect it\'s had on my own family. To me, it\'s incredibly relevant, it\'s my family history.[/quote]

Oh , so you or member\'s of your family are Zimbabwian refugee\'s and you came to this country to adavantage of our great welfare system, well good for you !

If I was living under those conditions I\'d probably do the same exact thing.

Maybe there\'s upside to socialism after all[/quote]

Wow, you know, at least I have the ability to play nice. Here's a little info about my family, just so you know that the welfare comment is a joke:

My dad makes six figures a year. Even with a slow market, he was able to sell 23 houses last year, and right now (2 months into the year) he has sold 7 more. He has a degree in engineering, as well, but doesn't have to use it to make an income. He actually first went to the UK from Rhodesia, then to Canada, but met my mom (who's a citizen) and they got married. He has perfect credit, owns a home less than 3 years old, as well as 2 cars under 3 years old as well.

My dad has 6 sisters, however not all of them are here in the US. The ones that are here in the US have never been on welfare EVER. All of them attended college (in fact, some of them were accepted into American Universities while they were still living in Rhodesia before the civil war and decided to come here to continue their education). The biggest reason they chose the United States had nothing to do with welfare - it had to do with the fact that they are all Mormon and they wanted to live in Utah, among those who were like them.

I'll wait for an apology, if I don't get one then I'll question whether or not you really belong on this site with the amount of respect you show for those who don't think like you. (Or should I say LACK of respect.) When I was rude to you, I apologized, and what I said wasn't nearly as hurtful as what you said.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm

Frankg wrote:Sorry C-Head but I have absolutely no idea what you are referring to.

I know.

It's a shame really.

You must feel the whoosh of air going over your head often, one would imagine.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:13 pm

Ok , ok , ok ....I apologize , what led me to believe you were on welfare was your statement:

Lol, maybe I should move to Canada or Europe. I honestly think I would probably fit in better there. But the US has it's benefits... and I'd like to stick around for at least the next 4 years to see what happens.

So if you're not a citizen of this country what " benefits' did you move here to take advantage of ?
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:14 pm

Oh jesus Frank.

Anyone could see the context in which the lady used the word.

*shakes head*

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:23 pm

Frankg wrote:Ok , ok , ok ....I apologize , what led me to believe you were on welfare was your statement:

So if you're not a citizen of this country what " benefits' did you move here to take advantage of ?

Seriously... it wasn't a literal statement Frank. The biggest benefit for me is living in Wyoming, where we don't have state income tax or tax on our groceries. It's a nice perk considering how draining paying for our healthcare is.

I didn't move here, I'm a first generation American on my dads side of the family. THEY moved here to avoid getting murdered for being white. That was the largest benefit, the other benefit was moving to Utah, where they found a lot of people who shared their religious beliefs.

Benefits doesn't equal welfare frank. And considering how much we paid in taxes this last year alone, the handful of times we personally had to use welfare (WIC and foodstamps, WIC only once, foodstamps twice) have been paid off several times over. Oh, and we don't mind having to pay for welfare programs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:43 pm

The word 'welfare' seems to be like saying the C word, to Frank, Lisa.

See, here's how it works it most nations.

Everyone, during their working years, contributes a hell of a lot in various taxes, which goes to the state.

In turn, should anyone find themselves in the unfortunate position of losing their job, then at least there is some sort of safety net, even if it is not always sufficient.

People paid in, people get back out, that makes total sense to me.

But Frank would sooner penalise those in the US who perhaps live in towns were they relied on one big employer, and they just went BUST.

I believe there is a lot of this around?

People getting laid off, through no fault of their own.

But Frank would rather create greater poverty by NOT giving something back to people.

That's really about the sum total of Frank.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 pm

That's not fair or correct or respectful to lisan. She has family there. Crying or Very sad
I really want you to understand that. I love you

And by the way, I am just reading this thread right now, for the first time and you did apologize to lisan. I think we're making progress in respecting each other while totally disagreeing
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:34 pm

See Frank, as we travel through life, we have some highs, we have some lows. But there are times when circumstance or ill health or just plain bad luck lands a number of people on social strife.

An an evolved homo sapien, I happen to want to be part of a society that legislates for that.

Btw.

How is your one man demo against Obama going?

Razz Razz Razz

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh, you are such a mocker, Big Head.

Run along/aren't you going to be late for a date?
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 pm

HotParadox wrote:Oh, you are such a mocker, Big Head.

For all you know, I could have rented a house close to you, and be writing this from not so far away...

Wink

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Frankg Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:16 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:The word 'welfare' seems to be like saying the C word, to Frank, Lisa.

See, here's how it works it most nations.

Everyone, during their working years, contributes a hell of a lot in various taxes, which goes to the state.

In turn, should anyone find themselves in the unfortunate position of losing their job, then at least there is some sort of safety net, even if it is not always sufficient.

People paid in, people get back out, that makes total sense to me.

But Frank would sooner penalise those in the US who perhaps live in towns were they relied on one big employer, and they just went BUST.

I believe there is a lot of this around?

People getting laid off, through no fault of their own.

But Frank would rather create greater poverty by NOT giving something back to people.

That's really about the sum total of Frank.
Impressive, C-Head you totally nailed it .

Unlike me , you are gifted and I congratualate you on your insight.
Frankg
Frankg

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:17 pm

Cartoon Head wrote:

For all you know, I could have rented a house close to you, and be writing this from not so far away...

Wink
For all you know, I have access to your IP address.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:20 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Cartoon Head wrote:

Wink
For all you know, I have access to your IP address.

I understand that these days, even that old devil the Eye Pee addy can be remote.

True.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next