Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trouble Brewing In UK?

4 posters

Go down

Trouble Brewing In UK? Empty Trouble Brewing In UK?

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:32 pm

Due to the so named global downturn, never a day goes by when established companies are not going to the wall, costing a lot of jobs.

A future uncertain for those made redudant.

Unemployment the highest it has been in over a decade.

To make matters worst, the EU's freedom to work and move to wherever you want, within the EU, are backfiring.

Quite legally, workers are arriving here from Italy, Portugal, and Eastern Europe, and are to coin a phrase, fillling the jobs, leaving people who have lived here there lives, high and dry.

I beleive that to be wrong, and it needs to be put right.

I am far from a nationalist, but in times of hardship, it is apolitical to offer the first refusal of a job to native born people, right?

Agree/disagree?

Cartoon Head

Number of posts : 1661
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Trouble Brewing In UK? Empty Re: Trouble Brewing In UK?

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:45 pm

That's the same thing we complain about the Mexicans doing. It is wrong, but I bet folks raise hell if you try to kick em out. We have illegal aliens... illegal for them to be here period, but God forbid we send them back or put them in jail for the crimes they commit. They fill jobs people in the US won't do after all.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:52 pm

Although these people are working there legally, I agree with you.

And this problem you have must make you sympathetic, as well, to the plight of American citizens who are put out of work by people who are illegally working in the US, I would assume.

Your scenario illustrates how a large migration of workers, legal or not, can strain a country's economy and strain the employment opportunities for its very own citizens.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:54 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:That's the same thing we complain about the Mexicans doing. It is wrong, but I bet folks raise hell if you try to kick em outll.

You cannot.

These people are doing no wrong.

It is perfectly legal to go live and work in any EU nation, if your own nation is part of the EU, see?

It means that I could go to Italy or Germany and work, if I wanted to.

Yes, it has hit us in the face, but it is all above board, the people are not to blame.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:56 pm

HotParadox wrote:And this problem you have must make you sympathetic, as well, to the plight of American citizens who are put out of work by people who are illegally working in the US, I would assume..

Yes I do.

But I place the blame on the employers.

They know they are taking on illegal workers, and it is all down to greed, for them.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:59 pm

I concur.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:02 pm

The EU has to have a rethink about this.

It is great in principle, but one recession, and you have muchos problemo.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:53 pm

I'm afraid you're in for a problem there buddy. Because even if they do make laws to prevent it, look at all the laws we have against illegals. And it does little good. And we are in a situation where people are losing their factory jobs and higher paying jobs now. And people are learning something my father always told me, "Don't say you won't do that for lower amount of money. When you have nothing, a dollar looks the same as ten dollars." But those jobs Americans "won't" do are already taken.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:23 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I'm afraid you're in for a problem there buddy. Because even if they do make laws to prevent it, look at all the laws we have against illegals. And it does little good. And we are in a situation where people are losing their factory jobs and higher paying jobs now. And people are learning something my father always told me, "Don't say you won't do that for lower amount of money. When you have nothing, a dollar looks the same as ten dollars." But those jobs Americans "won't" do are already taken.

To compound the problem, the Government, in a great example of political poor timing, have decided to revamp the benefits system, effectively force those deemed medically unfit to work, to actually find work.

At a time when unemployment is at it's highest, all those rediundant people are looking for new jobs, and the economy is on a downward spiral?

Sheesh...and the people that think up such stuff, they get PAID for this?

Rolling Eyes

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:46 pm

Carolinahound wrote:They fill jobs people in the US won't do after all.

They fill jobs Americans won't do for the price they want to pay.

Money is the main key.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:54 pm

howdy wrote:

Money is the main key.

Money is the key to everything human. But I think a lot of americans are about to find out they'll do a lot of things for a lot less than they would have before. I hope I'm wrong.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:05 pm

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I'm afraid you're in for a problem there buddy. Because even if they do make laws to prevent it, look at all the laws we have against illegals. And it does little good. And we are in a situation where people are losing their factory jobs and higher paying jobs now. And people are learning something my father always told me, "Don't say you won't do that for lower amount of money. When you have nothing, a dollar looks the same as ten dollars." But those jobs Americans "won't" do are already taken.

To compound the problem, the Government, in a great example of political poor timing, have decided to revamp the benefits system, effectively force those deemed medically unfit to work, to actually find work.

At a time when unemployment is at it's highest, all those rediundant people are looking for new jobs, and the economy is on a downward spiral?

Rolling Eyes

So if these people are unable to work. Where to find jobs even in a good economy? The only reason for this happening is the people must be calling for it. I guess the thought process in this must be..............

Hey we are suffering, so I don't want my tax money going to these people. Kinda of shooting themselves in the foot, with less people buying stuff.

All I can say is as the bottom fall out. People get meaner, and meaner.

The problem gets worse and worse. With no easy solution it sight.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:11 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:

Money is the main key.

Money is the key to everything human. But I think a lot of americans are about to find out they'll do a lot of things for a lot less than they would have before. I hope I'm wrong.

As a truck driver, at times I have had to sit for a while at times, because there is less freight to haul. I am getting worried believe me.

Though I did pick up a load of fresh chicken out your way in Lumber Bridge, NC. about a week ago.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:29 pm

howdy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

So if these people are unable to work. Where to find jobs even in a good economy? The only reason for this happening is the people must be calling for it. I guess the thought process in this must be..............

Hey we are suffering, so I don't want my tax money going to these people. Kinda of shooting themselves in the foot, with less people buying stuff.

I think he's talking about people on disability.

Is there disability in the UK Steve? Here we have social security disability. The take social security out on your check through the years that you work and if you become disabled and have paid in enough, and go through the hell to actually get it, once approved you get a check every month. How much depends on how much you paid into the social security and how long you worked.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:32 pm

howdy wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:

Money is the main key.

As a truck driver, at times I have had to sit for a while at times, because there is less freight to haul. I am getting worried believe me.

Though I did pick up a load of fresh chicken out your way in Lumber Bridge, NC. about a week ago.

Man that aint too far from me, I could of met you for lunch or something. But you were probably in and out without the time to do it though.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:53 pm

I had a midnight appointment time for pick up.

Those processing plants always have the strangest appointment times. Always late night.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:00 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Is there disability in the UK Steve? Here we have social security disability. The take social security out on your check through the years that you work and if you become disabled and have paid in enough, and go through the hell to actually get it, once approved you get a check every month. How much depends on how much you paid into the social security and how long you worked.

Yes there is. And that is going to accelerate the problem. We have the highest unemployment in ten years, legal migrant workers coming here en masse, companies closing, situations were British workers are not permitted to apply for positions within the UK, and now the Government want to force the sick back to work, at THIS time.

One problem.

Fewer jobs, and economy is screwed.

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:45 am

howdy wrote:I had a midnight appointment time for pick up.

Those processing plants always have the strangest appointment times. Always late night.

I stay up all night anyway. And yea they do.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:51 am

CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Yes there is. And that is going to accelerate the problem. We have the highest unemployment in ten years, legal migrant workers coming here en masse, companies closing, situations were British workers are not permitted to apply for positions within the UK, and now the Government want to force the sick back to work, at THIS time.

One problem.

Fewer jobs, and economy is screwed.

Yep, wouldn't it suck if we had a global depression? I was thinking about that last night. WW2 is really what brought the U.S. out of the one we had. Would our leaders go to war just to try and repeat that?

I know, I think too much, working without tools I suppose. lol

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Cartoon Head Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 am

There has been much finger pointing as to why the UK and US have suffered, economically.

Terms like credit crunch etc are used, without most really knowing what they truly mean.

Here's a thought.

How much have the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan cost?

How much did it cost the UK to pay for Trident 2?

Funny how that no matter how skint we are meant to be, we always seem to find money for such things.

No

Cartoon Head

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:11 am

The Ghost Of Yeah Well Fi wrote:There has been much finger pointing as to why the UK and US have suffered, economically.

Terms like credit crunch etc are used, without most really knowing what they truly mean.

Here's a thought.

How much have the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan cost?

How much did it cost the UK to pay for Trident 2?

Funny how that no matter how skint we are meant to be, we always seem to find money for such things.

No

I know. Medicare and medicaid are bankrupt, we're turning people away at the unemployment offices, but our government can spend millions arguing about what to do with a trillion dollars, that we have to borrow. Suspect

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:43 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
howdy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

I meant to say people over in the UK.

Theophilus

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down