Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Go down

Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by Old Timer on Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Does this really surprise anyone here.

GOP senator: Obama 'timid, passive' over Iran
Republicans criticize president for not taking a tougher public stand

WASHINGTON - Republican senators criticized President Barack Obama on Sunday for not taking a tougher public stand in support of Iranians protesting the outcome of the country's contested presidential election, with one saying the president had been "timid and passive."

The president of the United States is supposed to lead the free world, not follow it," Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said on a Sunday morning talk show. "He's been timid and passive more than I would like."

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by Kazza on Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:57 pm

It's a tough call for him to make at the moment. No one knows whether or not the election was fair. If Obama goes after Ahamdinejad and it turns out that the election was free and fair after all then it's going to drastically hurt relations between the US and Iran. No other world leaders have condemned the election either, and they won't until they know for sure that there was some sort of fraud.
avatar
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Location : Down Under
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by CarolinaHound on Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:22 pm

Hi Kazza. I agree with you there. He's in a dangerous spot right now. No matter which way he goes it's going to be viewed as wrong. I have to admit I'd probably keep my mouth shut for the most part until I had to.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by HotParadox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:56 pm

what's he supposed to do? if he says to the protesters, 'hey the us supports you all the way' what does that mean if this thing gets even crazier? that since we support them we are willing to engage in a war over this?
i think he's doing the right thing, keeping the us on the dl.
plus, if he takes a tough stance against the regime, he may have difficulties dialoguing with them if and when that time comes.
we need to butt out of things that are not our business. i don't blame countries for thinking we butt in too much. we do and billions of people resent and even hate us for that.
the republicans need to settle down.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by CarolinaHound on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:00 pm

HotParadox wrote:what's he supposed to do? if he says to the protesters, 'hey the us supports you all the way' what does that mean if this thing gets even crazier? that since we support them we are willing to engage in a war over this?
i think he's doing the right thing, keeping the us on the dl.
plus, if he takes a tough stance against the regime, he may have difficulties dialoguing with them if and when that time comes.
we need to butt out of things that are not our business. i don't blame countries for thinking we butt in too much. we do and billions of people resent and even hate us for that.
the republicans need to settle down.

You aint just wistlin' dixie. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by DM007 on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:06 pm

Dittos. I think if he does anything, it'll be the wrong thing.

Of course, those protesting will whine because the US isn't supporting them. Then, later, if we did, they will continue their hatred of all things US. And, of course, enough US citizens will be enough sympathetic to fall for it again. Round and round we go. History was never our best subject.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by HotParadox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:12 pm

correct, dm. and, correct me if i'm wrong, but when he apologized for the us butting in too much and being 'arrogant', the world cheered him. hell, even the us cheered him for his, 'honesty', blah. whatever, seems everybody resents our interference so give the people what they want.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by CarolinaHound on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:13 pm

HotParadox wrote:correct, dm. and, correct me if i'm wrong, but when he apologized for the us butting in too much and being 'arrogant', the world cheered him. hell, even the us cheered him for his, 'honesty', blah. whatever, seems everybody resents our interference so give the people what they want.

Amen

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by HotParadox on Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:24 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:correct, dm. and, correct me if i'm wrong, but when he apologized for the us butting in too much and being 'arrogant', the world cheered him. hell, even the us cheered him for his, 'honesty', blah. whatever, seems everybody resents our interference so give the people what they want.

Amen
go in peace, my son. Very Happy

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by CarolinaHound on Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:52 am

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
HotParadox wrote:correct, dm. and, correct me if i'm wrong, but when he apologized for the us butting in too much and being 'arrogant', the world cheered him. hell, even the us cheered him for his, 'honesty', blah. whatever, seems everybody resents our interference so give the people what they want.

Amen
go in peace, my son. Very Happy

I tried, she said not on the first date.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Obama timid toward Iran supreme leader

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum