To Tell The Truth......

Go down

To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Thu May 14, 2009 2:54 pm

Will the real Nancy Pelosi please stand up........

Was she lying then, or is she lying now? Anyone else think this is getting really old? The guilty party(ies) are the same now, as they were when I was a child. Remember "Not Me" and "Ida Know"? They did everything I got in trouble for. Ms. Pelosi is running short of fingers (for pointing). I watched the press meeting this morning. She couldn't remember what she said before, and she got more confused (confusing), as her notes got out of order. Samuel L. Clemens once said, "If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything."

Oh, well. Here goes another billion dollars for a witch hunt. Let the dunking begin. (or would that be considered torture?)

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by CarolinaHound on Thu May 14, 2009 3:31 pm

What i want to know is, no matter what the they said about waterboarding, where's the memos from Pelosi and the other members of congress saying, "DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE, WATER-BOARD!!".

Such a memo would come under "cover my ass 101" in the managers handbook when I was running the meat department, seems as though it would be twice as important in this situation. She's shown she is corrupt or really stupid, either way she sure doesn't need to be in the congress period, much less as the head of it.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Thu May 14, 2009 4:15 pm

The only things that have changed over the last 100 years (or more) are definitions. The laws have not changed. When the definition of "is" changes on a daily basis, criminal prosecution is a matter of convenience to suit your current agenda.

There are no memos. According to her recollection, waterboarding, or any type of torture, was not being implemented, and would not. She was "told" it might be used, and she was OK with that at the time. She was the leader of the oversight committee absolutely responsible for reviewing national security, international intelligence (?), covert operations, and operational policy. If she didn't get the "memo", who did? The only "briefs" she got, IMO, were the ones crawling up her butt crack (Congressional wedgie).

I got news for you (any of you who enjoy holding hands in a circle around a campfire singing Cumbaya, or have ever padlocked yourself to a bulldozer or a tree, please place your index fingers in your ears)........Waterboarding (among other "methods") happened. Is happening. And will happen. Several times a day, EVERY day. Is it torture? That's a legal definition, subject to change. It wasn't illegal, but may be now. It will be legal, again, if need be. Not that it matters, because it will just not be reported (how's that for transparency?). Hindsight is always 20/20, memories are short, and September 12th was a century ago. History will repeat itself, and we'll do all of this all over again (again).

And, one last thing (for now).......
It has been said that we (the US) have prosecuted and punished people for "waterboarding". It's true. I have a simple question: Were ANY of these convictions for the sole offense of waterboarding? No. Prove otherwise. Reference just one case when any person was punished by the US for only waterboarding.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by CarolinaHound on Thu May 14, 2009 5:29 pm

DM007 wrote:The only things that have changed over the last 100 years (or more) are definitions. The laws have not changed. When the definition of "is" changes on a daily basis, criminal prosecution is a matter of convenience to suit your current agenda.

There are no memos. According to her recollection, waterboarding, or any type of torture, was not being implemented, and would not. She was "told" it might be used, and she was OK with that at the time. She was the leader of the oversight committee absolutely responsible for reviewing national security, international intelligence (?), covert operations, and operational policy. If she didn't get the "memo", who did? The only "briefs" she got, IMO, were the ones crawling up her butt crack (Congressional wedgie).

I got news for you (any of you who enjoy holding hands in a circle around a campfire singing Cumbaya, or have ever padlocked yourself to a bulldozer or a tree, please place your index fingers in your ears)........Waterboarding (among other "methods") happened. Is happening. And will happen. Several times a day, EVERY day. Is it torture? That's a legal definition, subject to change. It wasn't illegal, but may be now. It will be legal, again, if need be. Not that it matters, because it will just not be reported (how's that for transparency?). Hindsight is always 20/20, memories are short, and September 12th was a century ago. History will repeat itself, and we'll do all of this all over again (again).

And, one last thing (for now).......
It has been said that we (the US) have prosecuted and punished people for "waterboarding". It's true. I have a simple question: Were ANY of these convictions for the sole offense of waterboarding? No. Prove otherwise. Reference just one case when any person was punished by the US for only waterboarding.

Truer words have not been spoken, and well said I might add. The fact is war is hell, and unkind and ugly things must be done to protect the people of the country and the country itself. Call it what you want, it's still a war with the terrorist that we are in the middle of.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Theophilus on Sat May 16, 2009 1:55 am

All this political grandstanding is doing nothing to solve any problem that may or may not exist. Some people think torture can provide good intel. I feel it does not.
Upsetting is trying to define what is and what is not torture. What is legal? When did said torture become legal and not defined as torture?

I don't care anymore. This country is, and has been on a downward slope to the third world for a while.

Enjoy.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Location : Beautiful Northern California.
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by HotParadox on Sat May 16, 2009 8:13 am

she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Sat May 16, 2009 11:34 am

Of course she should resign. Will she? NO.

Another truth is that we are no longer represented by our elected officials. It now seems that we are now being rulled by them.

Another question if I may. Is this a democracy or is this a Republic as was intended by our founding fathers.

Does this sound familiar

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands: one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by HotParadox on Sat May 16, 2009 11:42 am

all good points ot. these are troubling times; our forefathers (framers) must be rolling over in their graves.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Sat May 16, 2009 11:56 am

HotParadox wrote:she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

Yes. At least as a result of the aftermath. It doesn't matter, at this point, if she's right or wrong. Her colleagues have seen the result of association with the issue, and they will throw her under the bus (seems many already have). They are politicians. That's what they do. But, OT's right. She won't likely go willingly.

Is she a liar? I think so. However, if she isn't, then she is absolutely incompetent. She didn't do her job. She wants it both ways, but I don't thing she's gonna get it, this time.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by HotParadox on Sat May 16, 2009 12:13 pm

DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

Yes. At least as a result of the aftermath. It doesn't matter, at this point, if she's right or wrong. Her colleagues have seen the result of association with the issue, and they will throw her under the bus (seems many already have). They are politicians. That's what they do. But, OT's right. She won't likely go willingly.

Is she a liar? I think so. However, if she isn't, then she is absolutely incompetent. She didn't do her job. She wants it both ways, but I don't thing she's gonna get it, this time.
yup, that's the bottom line. you know what, dm, i think this is just the tip of the iceberg. more troubling news will come out, imho.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Sat May 16, 2009 3:02 pm

HotParadox wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

Yes. At least as a result of the aftermath. It doesn't matter, at this point, if she's right or wrong. Her colleagues have seen the result of association with the issue, and they will throw her under the bus (seems many already have). They are politicians. That's what they do. But, OT's right. She won't likely go willingly.

Is she a liar? I think so. However, if she isn't, then she is absolutely incompetent. She didn't do her job. She wants it both ways, but I don't thing she's gonna get it, this time.
yup, that's the bottom line. you know what, dm, i think this is just the tip of the iceberg. more troubling news will come out, imho.

I agree. I think the public is about to get a LOT more info than they need, or even want. Some things, such as most operations designed to protect Americans, need to remain behind closed doors. The intelligence policies didn't fail. Our representatives who are supposed to oversee the process have failed. The average American has no business second guessing the policies. If it isn't what it's "supposed" to be, it falls back onto the representatives we sent to DC. Transparency, in this case, will do more harm than good. When sensitive material is released to Americans, it isn't only Americans seeing it. This isn't a game. It's survival. Right now, our survival as a country is at stake. If the US played by the rules, we'd be the only country "playing by the rules". Sorry, but that's the reality. It certainly doesn't make it right, or moral, but we must remain one step ahead of those who wish us harm. To do less is a path to our destruction. We are the laughing stock of the world, at this point. I liked it better when we were feared. We were safe.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by HotParadox on Sat May 16, 2009 6:17 pm

DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

Yes. At least as a result of the aftermath. It doesn't matter, at this point, if she's right or wrong. Her colleagues have seen the result of association with the issue, and they will throw her under the bus (seems many already have). They are politicians. That's what they do. But, OT's right. She won't likely go willingly.

Is she a liar? I think so. However, if she isn't, then she is absolutely incompetent. She didn't do her job. She wants it both ways, but I don't thing she's gonna get it, this time.
yup, that's the bottom line. you know what, dm, i think this is just the tip of the iceberg. more troubling news will come out, imho.

I agree. I think the public is about to get a LOT more info than they need, or even want. Some things, such as most operations designed to protect Americans, need to remain behind closed doors. The intelligence policies didn't fail. Our representatives who are supposed to oversee the process have failed. The average American has no business second guessing the policies. If it isn't what it's "supposed" to be, it falls back onto the representatives we sent to DC. Transparency, in this case, will do more harm than good. When sensitive material is released to Americans, it isn't only Americans seeing it. This isn't a game. It's survival. Right now, our survival as a country is at stake. If the US played by the rules, we'd be the only country "playing by the rules". Sorry, but that's the reality. It certainly doesn't make it right, or moral, but we must remain one step ahead of those who wish us harm. To do less is a path to our destruction. We are the laughing stock of the world, at this point. I liked it better when we were feared. We were safe.
now, i know there are going to be a few of us who challenge you on this, but i'm not one of them. i'm with you 100%. i can't even add to your words and thoughts; they are so succinct.

_________________
"The preceding post is my personal opinion and may or may not be true, may or may not have been posted by me, and most likely contains nothing of interest to anyone."
~Kazza, a very smart man that covered all the angles with this one. I like it.
avatar
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Location : Boston
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by CarolinaHound on Sat May 16, 2009 11:02 pm

DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
DM007 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:she knew about it. she's just as guilty as bush and all the others. plus, she's a big liar. she's going to have to resign, no?

Yes. At least as a result of the aftermath. It doesn't matter, at this point, if she's right or wrong. Her colleagues have seen the result of association with the issue, and they will throw her under the bus (seems many already have). They are politicians. That's what they do. But, OT's right. She won't likely go willingly.

Is she a liar? I think so. However, if she isn't, then she is absolutely incompetent. She didn't do her job. She wants it both ways, but I don't thing she's gonna get it, this time.
yup, that's the bottom line. you know what, dm, i think this is just the tip of the iceberg. more troubling news will come out, imho.

I agree. I think the public is about to get a LOT more info than they need, or even want. Some things, such as most operations designed to protect Americans, need to remain behind closed doors. The intelligence policies didn't fail. Our representatives who are supposed to oversee the process have failed. The average American has no business second guessing the policies. If it isn't what it's "supposed" to be, it falls back onto the representatives we sent to DC. Transparency, in this case, will do more harm than good. When sensitive material is released to Americans, it isn't only Americans seeing it. This isn't a game. It's survival. Right now, our survival as a country is at stake. If the US played by the rules, we'd be the only country "playing by the rules". Sorry, but that's the reality. It certainly doesn't make it right, or moral, but we must remain one step ahead of those who wish us harm. To do less is a path to our destruction. We are the laughing stock of the world, at this point. I liked it better when we were feared. We were safe.

100% true.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Sun May 17, 2009 9:55 am

I think that Obama's slogan of " a change we can believe in " is right. Only thing is we need to take our countries government back and change it back into what it is supposed to be. Now that would be a change we could believe in. So since we hired those idiots and we pay them, why don't we just fire them and start doing things right. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Jax74 on Mon May 18, 2009 5:23 pm

Old Timer wrote:I think that Obama's slogan of " a change we can believe in " is right. Only thing is we need to take our countries government back and change it back into what it is supposed to be. Now that would be a change we could believe in. So since we hired those idiots and we pay them, why don't we just fire them and start doing things right. Very Happy


Lol sweet OT! You talk to HR ill start printing up the pink slips. Very Happy


Also we should talk to the board. I vote no severance packages.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Mon May 18, 2009 7:37 pm

Jax74 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:I think that Obama's slogan of " a change we can believe in " is right. Only thing is we need to take our countries government back and change it back into what it is supposed to be. Now that would be a change we could believe in. So since we hired those idiots and we pay them, why don't we just fire them and start doing things right. Very Happy


Lol sweet OT! You talk to HR ill start printing up the pink slips. Very Happy


Also we should talk to the board. I vote no severance packages.

And they should start paying all taxes just like we do. And no full pay retirement for life either. Social security just like us.

Who is HR ill

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Tue May 19, 2009 12:58 am

Old Timer wrote:
Who is HR ill

"Human Resources" and I'll.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 19, 2009 11:40 am

DM007 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
Who is HR ill

"Human Resources" and I'll.

Well you start writing those pink slips and get them to me and will send them out. I need one personalized for each member of congress and obama and his flunky to. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Tue May 19, 2009 11:51 am

Old Timer wrote:Well you start writing those pink slips and get them to me and will send them out. I need one personalized for each member of congress and obama and his flunky to. Very Happy

You mean Hillary? Or Michelle?

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 19, 2009 12:08 pm

DM007 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Well you start writing those pink slips and get them to me and will send them out. I need one personalized for each member of congress and obama and his flunky to. Very Happy

You mean Hillary? Or Michelle?

Well why not all of them and believe me if you make them I will send them

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by DM007 on Tue May 19, 2009 12:26 pm

Old Timer wrote:
DM007 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Well you start writing those pink slips and get them to me and will send them out. I need one personalized for each member of congress and obama and his flunky to. Very Happy

You mean Hillary? Or Michelle?

Well why not all of them and believe me if you make them I will send them

I like the clean sweep idea. Forget looking for bad apples. Dump the entire barrel.

DM007

Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2009-01-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 19, 2009 2:52 pm

DM007 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
DM007 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:Well you start writing those pink slips and get them to me and will send them out. I need one personalized for each member of congress and obama and his flunky to. Very Happy

You mean Hillary? Or Michelle?

Well why not all of them and believe me if you make them I will send them

I like the clean sweep idea. Forget looking for bad apples. Dump the entire barrel.

So when do we start

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Jax74 on Tue May 19, 2009 4:11 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Jax74 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:I think that Obama's slogan of " a change we can believe in " is right. Only thing is we need to take our countries government back and change it back into what it is supposed to be. Now that would be a change we could believe in. So since we hired those idiots and we pay them, why don't we just fire them and start doing things right. Very Happy


Lol sweet OT! You talk to HR ill start printing up the pink slips. Very Happy


Also we should talk to the board. I vote no severance packages.

And they should start paying all taxes just like we do. And no full pay retirement for life either. Social security just like us.

Who is HR ill


Lol Sorry. I was in a hurry. I should have used a little thing they like to call punctuation. Very Happy

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Age : 44
Registration date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Tue May 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Jax74 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
Jax74 wrote:
Old Timer wrote:I think that Obama's slogan of " a change we can believe in " is right. Only thing is we need to take our countries government back and change it back into what it is supposed to be. Now that would be a change we could believe in. So since we hired those idiots and we pay them, why don't we just fire them and start doing things right. Very Happy


Lol sweet OT! You talk to HR ill start printing up the pink slips. Very Happy


Also we should talk to the board. I vote no severance packages.

And they should start paying all taxes just like we do. And no full pay retirement for life either. Social security just like us.

Who is HR ill


Lol Sorry. I was in a hurry. I should have used a little thing they like to call punctuation. Very Happy

OK guys. Get me a really good pink slip that looks professional, I only need one and I will take it from there. What say we have some fun. Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Wed May 20, 2009 10:02 am

OK, now what are the reasons that we are going to fire the entire House, Senate, the President, the Vie President and so on down the line. These must be valid reasons. For example.

There has been many time folks have requested to see Obamas birth certificate. He has refused and keep it hidden. Now sinsce the state of Hawaii has two types of certificates that show that one is for natural born citizens andthe other is for those not born here. Which one does he really have.

Poor job performance, not actually representing the folks that have eleced them but rather voting as they want to. Just to name a few gripes. Give me a long list, not a long drawn out explanation, but rather just a short concise one. and let's keep it all on this post so as not to get to confusing.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by CarolinaHound on Wed May 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Because they suck all around.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Age : 48
Location : Fayetteville NC
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Old Timer on Fri May 29, 2009 9:18 pm

Tonight I heard Lester Holt call The White House " The Obama White House" I find this upsetting and sent the following e/m to nbc

I am or was a regular watcher of Brian Williams and Lester Holt. But tonight a statement calling The White House the Obama White House is just to much. It is not his house it does not belong to him or any other past, or future president either. I know that the press is totally biased toward Obama and that is wrong. You seem to have forgotten all about what he said he was going to do and either has not or cannot do. I know that you will continue your love afair with him and as a result you have just lost my interest. In the eyes of the press he can do no wrong. But in reality, he can do no right. He really should just resign and return to what he has a little experience in, community organizing.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: To Tell The Truth......

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum