Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions for luciano and Obama supporters

+9
HotParadox
Kazza
Old Timer
PaulM
luciano
Terry05_99
CarolinaHound
Theophilus
Grim17
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Questions for luciano and Obama supporters - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for luciano and Obama supporters

Post by Susan aka CV Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:23 pm

Big Slick wrote:
Susan aka CV wrote:
Big Slick wrote:So what we were left with was 2 people running for president, neither of which I wanted in office. So what do you do in a situation like that? Either way you're voting for someone you wouldn't normally vote for.
hi slick.. for future reference = when you find yourself in this situation, the independent party would welcome your vote - several of us here voted independent. if they had gotten 5% of the '08 vote ( i think the final was 3.9%), they would have been eligible in future elections for the same general campaign funding, etc. the dems & repubs enjoy. it's the only way we're ever to break the 2 party cycle. this country could really use ron paul right about now!

just food for thought.. no need to reply. Wink

CV

Susan, I think the parties are a big part of the problem. Why should you have to claim allegience to the Whig or the Tories? Too many people in this country try and fit themselves into one of these categories and vote based on that party. I can't tell you how incredibly stupid a straight ticket vote sounds to me. Vote the issues and the person on an individual basis not the party. Like I said earlier, I don't think any president would look good right now, not even Ron Paul.
no prob slick... no need to get your panties in a bunch - you ask a question and i offered a suggestion. that's all it was - honestly.

let's just forget it and go back to grim's questions, k. Smile

CV

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Questions for luciano and Obama supporters - Page 2 Empty Re: Questions for luciano and Obama supporters

Post by Big Slick Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:30 pm

Susan aka CV wrote:
Big Slick wrote:
Susan aka CV wrote:
Big Slick wrote:So what we were left with was 2 people running for president, neither of which I wanted in office. So what do you do in a situation like that? Either way you're voting for someone you wouldn't normally vote for.
hi slick.. for future reference = when you find yourself in this situation, the independent party would welcome your vote - several of us here voted independent. if they had gotten 5% of the '08 vote ( i think the final was 3.9%), they would have been eligible in future elections for the same general campaign funding, etc. the dems & repubs enjoy. it's the only way we're ever to break the 2 party cycle. this country could really use ron paul right about now!

CV

Susan, I think the parties are a big part of the problem. Why should you have to claim allegience to the Whig or the Tories? Too many people in this country try and fit themselves into one of these categories and vote based on that party. I can't tell you how incredibly stupid a straight ticket vote sounds to me. Vote the issues and the person on an individual basis not the party. Like I said earlier, I don't think any president would look good right now, not even Ron Paul.
no prob slick... no need to get your panties in a bunch - you ask a question and i offered a suggestion. that's all it was - honestly.

CV

lol! Don't worry about it Susan, I wasn't trying to argue with you or anything just venting my discontent with the system. It wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it came across that way.

Also, don't worry my panties aren't bunched up, I go commando!!!
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male
Number of posts : 403
Job/hobbies : Poker
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Big Slick wrote:Like I said earlier, I don't think any president would look good right now, not even Ron Paul
.affraid i couldn't agree less. i won't cut and paste, but go here
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/
http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/links.php

and read.

he has been light years ahead of the times. he just didn't have enough charisma and marketing profitability for the media. we'd be sitting way prettier than we are now.

Someone who was actually cutting spending right now might look good. Someone who wasnt trying to borrow and spend their way out of debt, since when did borrowing and spending unprecedented sums of money become a sound strategy for getting out of debt?

Millions of people knew exactly what was going to happen when Obama got in and did not vote for him. Now hes doing exactly what millions of people knew he would. Bush made many bad decisions in the white house but right now the white house looks like amature hour a local comedy club.

It would be funny as hell if it wasnt so god damn scary.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:50 pm

oh ya. and you know, everybody wanted him in, even europe and them wanting him as the president of the free world, more or less, swayed our votes, too, b/c we don't want to be hated abroad. bullshit. now there's major rioting in the streets over there and he hasn't even landed yet.

Last edited by HotParadox on Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Susan aka CV Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:52 pm

Big Slick wrote:
Susan aka CV wrote:
Big Slick wrote:
Susan aka CV wrote:

CV

CV

lol! Don't worry about it Susan, I wasn't trying to argue with you or anything just venting my discontent with the system. It wasn't aimed at you, sorry if it came across that way.

Also, don't worry my panties aren't bunched up, I go commando!!!
that's a little more info than i needed to know Shocked , but thanks for sharing... tongue

throwin' this thread back to grim now...

CV

Susan aka CV

Number of posts : 380
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Grim17 Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:18 am

Why bother throwing it back to me?

It was aimed at our founder, mr. luciano, but he is too big a puss to address it.

It was a colossal waste of time on my part, because I made the mistake of thinking that luciano wasn't just another Obama supporter who was full of shit. My mistake.
Grim17
Grim17

Male
Sagittarius Dragon
Number of posts : 430
Registration date : 2009-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:58 pm

Jax74 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Big Slick wrote:Like I said earlier, I don't think any president would look good right now, not even Ron Paul

and read.

he has been light years ahead of the times. he just didn't have enough charisma and marketing profitability for the media. we'd be sitting way prettier than we are now.

Someone who was actually cutting spending right now might look good. Someone who wasnt trying to borrow and spend their way out of debt, since when did borrowing and spending unprecedented sums of money become a sound strategy for getting out of debt?

Millions of people knew exactly what was going to happen when Obama got in and did not vote for him. Now hes doing exactly what millions of people knew he would. Bush made many bad decisions in the white house but right now the white house looks like amature hour a local comedy club.

I call bullshit on this one. We live in a country where perpetual bitching and complaining is the norm. If Obama, or anyone else for that matter, was cutting this and cutting that and not spending anything, there would be just as many "experts" coming out saying..."Oh look how much the President is taking from the American people. How are we supposed to fix our financial crisis if the government keeps cutting our legs off and stops sending our funding. The president is trying to turn this country into a Monarchy by keeping all of the country's money for themself. A Monarchy, I say. See he wants to make this country just like parts of Europe. Why is he vetoing all of the stimulus bills? He must not want to stimulate and save the American economy. He doesn't care about American business...."

Like I said, it's a no win situation right now.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:22 pm

People will always bitch, especially those not accustom to working for anything. But it seems like an easy equation. If your in bad debt and you want to get out, do you

A) spend more money than you have
or
B) cut back and reduce your spending?

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Big Slick wrote:
Jax74 wrote:
HotParadox wrote:

and read.

I call bullshit on this one. We live in a country where perpetual bitching and complaining is the norm. If Obama, or anyone else for that matter, was cutting this and cutting that and not spending anything, there would be just as many "experts" coming out saying..."Oh look how much the President is taking from the American people. How are we supposed to fix our financial crisis if the government keeps cutting our legs off and stops sending our funding. The president is trying to turn this country into a Monarchy by keeping all of the country's money for themself. A Monarchy, I say. See he wants to make this country just like parts of Europe. Why is he vetoing all of the stimulus bills? He must not want to stimulate and save the American economy. He doesn't care about American business...."

Like I said, it's a no win situation right now.

Call bullshit on anything you like.

When was the last time that borrowing and spending totaly insane, unimaginable amounts of money was the way to get out of debt.

You know who would be screaming and saying the things you posted? Members of his own party who were expecting a pork fest, which is exactly what they are getting right now.

And you cant say its a no win situation. If the right things were being done to correct our economy and it recovered that is a win regardless of how popular or unpopular it was at the time. what is the more important part of the presidents job, being popular all the time or doing the best thing for the country?

Again I ask, When was borrowing and spending insane, unimaginable amounts of money the way to get out of debt?

God forbid I am ever on the verge of bankruptcy. But if I am, maybe ill try to take out a high interest jumbo home lone right before my credit goes bad.....sure that will help. I wont be able to pay it back but it will look nice till I lose it.

When the bankruptcy judge asks why I would do that Ill just say, "your honor, I was just following what I like to call Obamanomics".

Jax74

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Slick Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Jax74 wrote:
When was the last time that borrowing and spending totaly insane, unimaginable amounts of money was the way to get out of debt.

You know who would be screaming and saying the things you posted? Members of his own party who were expecting a pork fest, which is exactly what they are getting right now.

And you cant say its a no win situation. If the right things were being done to correct our economy and it recovered that is a win regardless of how popular or unpopular it was at the time. what is the more important part of the presidents job, being popular all the time or doing the best thing for the country?

Again I ask, When was borrowing and spending insane, unimaginable amounts of money the way to get out of debt?

God forbid I am ever on the verge of bankruptcy. But if I am, maybe ill try to take out a high interest jumbo home lone right before my credit goes bad.....sure that will help. I wont be able to pay it back but it will look nice till I lose it.

When the bankruptcy judge asks why I would do that Ill just say, "your honor, I was just following what I like to call Obamanomics".

That's the problem, nobody knows what the right thing to do is. They're all just guessing. You can get 100 different "experts" and you'll get 100 different ways to do it. Some say cut spending to save money, others say spend to invest in the future and you'll see bigger gains just not immediately. Who's right and who's wrong? Don't know. Either way, people are going to bitch about it.
Big Slick
Big Slick

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:33 pm

Big Slick wrote:
Jax74 wrote:

That's the problem, nobody knows what the right thing to do is. They're all just guessing. You can get 100 different "experts" and you'll get 100 different ways to do it. Some say cut spending to save money, others say spend to invest in the future and you'll see bigger gains just not immediately. Who's right and who's wrong? Don't know. Either way, people are going to bitch about it.

A lot of what you say here may well be true. Sometimes you do have to invest in the future however the amount of spending is what is the problem. It is insane unbelievable amounts of money and it just keeps coming. They think they can just turn on the presses any time they like and "create" more money. And then they lie about the projected cost. Every reputable independent financial forcast says they are way off. Including thier own CBO. At the reate they are "creating" money for all of this it wont be long before you have to carry a 5 gallon bucket of 100 dollar bills to the store to grocery shop.

Maybe no one knows what is exactly the right thing to do but this crazy, unprecidented, pork barrel spree of spending is the wrong thing to do. The economy will eventually get better, its just going to take a lot longer with massive unreal spending like this. Then of course Obama will try to take credit for it.

Bush made a lot of bad decisions, he left office with the highest projected deficit for the following year. 500+ billion for the next year alone. Obama tripled that projected deficit in two months. Bush got the ball rolling on the big spending but Obama has picked up that ball and kicked it out of the stadium. Im sure Obama fans will still be blaming Bush for everything by the time Obamas up for re-election.

Got a poor credit score? A bad home loan? A sore back? Not enough gas in your car? Does your hair have split ends?

Bush did it.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2