The Self-Inflation Of Rush Limbaugh

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post by Americanadian on Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 pm

Jules Witcover 3/9/2009

WASHINGTON--So Rush Limbaugh, the No. 1 windbag of the airwaves, has challenged Barack Obama, the No. 1 political leader of the world, to a debate. Is this a great country, or what?

The preposterous notion is a reflection of how this talk-show craziness of our society has distorted the role of the modern-day tools of mass communication, and their most bombastic implementers.

Perhaps it was inevitable that a mere news commentator would equate himself with the President of the United States. After all, leading political figures, including Obama himself, now put themselves on the same level with, and indeed aggressively court, these purveyors of news and opinion at every opportunity.

In advance of Obama's first State of the Union address, his handlers lined up the celebrity network and cable anchors and paraded them in one at a time for on-air interviews. Then the news-media stars promoted the chats as exclusives, as if their enterprise had earned them these ersatz scoops.

Limbaugh himself was not part of this particular parade, not known as an equal-opportunity interviewer. He has preferred to give his precious airtime essentially to like-minded and like-thinking conservatives, affectionately
if demeaningly labeling them ditto-heads.

On his own, Limbaugh ignited the current conflagration by saying he wanted Obama to fail, and justifying it before adoring members of the Conservative Political Action Conference. "This notion that I want the President to fail," he said, is "nothing more than common sense..."

He went on: "What is so strange about being honest to say that I want Barack Obama to fail if his mission is to restructure and reform this country so that capitalism and individual liberty are not its foundation? Why would I want that to succeed? You can't say, 'Mr. Limbaugh, that you want the President to fail because that's like saying you want the country to fail.' It's the opposite. I want the country to survive. I want the country to succeed."

Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, for obvious tactical reasons, thereupon used a CBS microphone to identify Limbaugh as "the voice and the intellectual force and energy behind the Republican Party." In so doing, Emanuel not only warmed the hearts of Democratic liberals but also pointed up the glaring leadership bankruptcy of the Republican Party after its November loss of the White House and diminished strength on Congress.

Former Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, just elected as the first African-American chairman of the Republican National Committee, got off on the wrong foot with the faithful by calling Limbaugh on his wish for Obama's failure. The Great Man immediately smote him on the air, obliging Steele to apologize, thus confirming his own perilous perch as well as Limbaugh's clout in the party.

Meanwhile, in the wings and observing the vacuum is resigned former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, talking again of another resurrection of the GOP akin to the Gingrich Revolution of more than a decade ago. In a long cover article in the New York Times Sunday magazine, he is portrayed as offering thoughts on the way back from the 2008 debacle.

If, he says, "I end up helping to shape the ideas and the language and the solutions that for a long period of time define the choices in America,
then I've succeeded. If in that process personal ambition leads to the presidency, that's fine, but it's a secondary achievement, I think." In a further display of his famous modesty, he compares himself more to Benjamin Franklin than to George Washington.

All this undoubtedly makes Democrats lick their chops as they paint the Republican leadership as combination of a radio talk-show motor mouth, a stumbling new party chairman, and the specter of Newt Gingrich.

Perhaps another radio-TV talker who has already been a presidential candidate and is back on the airwaves, Pat Buchanan, may return to the GOP and try again. Nothing is impossible, it seems, in this era when a creature of the talk-show culture like Rush Limbaugh can, with a straight face, challenge the President of the United States to a debate--and get an old-media dinosaur like me to write about it.

http://www.caglepost.com/column.aspx?c=119882&pg=2

Americanadian

Number of posts : 1094
Registration date : 2009-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Self-Inflation Of Rush Limbaugh

Post by Theophilus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:55 am

Why people even listen to this guy. I'll never know.

Rush is disgusting vermin. True scum bag.

Vile, human being.

Theophilus

Male
Capricorn Number of posts : 914
Humor : I miss the humor in what people say at times.
Registration date : 2009-01-15

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by PaulM on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:55 am

I can't say such a debate wouldn't be interesting or entertaining. However, I just don't believe I could bring myself to watch Rush. I just don't like him... or any other political hack floating around the airwaves. I get shouted at enough during my day... I don't feel a need to seek it out.
affraid

Male
Aquarius Dragon
Number of posts : 577
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-01-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:39 am

if rush limbaugh were our current president of the united states of america, we'd be in a far better place than we are today. back in the day, it was popular to love rush and what he stood for. today, it's very cool to Hate Rush. i'm of the opinion that being cool is overrated.

HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:26 am

I've never listened to him much, but I rarely listen to radio at all. Try to find music when I do. I'm more of a Howard Stern type guy anyway. 🐶

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

View user profile http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:07 am

I may not care for what Rush has to say but I have to respect his right to say it. So I just change stations.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:30 am

Old Timer wrote:I may not care for what Rush has to say but I have to respect his right to say it. So I just change stations.
exactly, ot. it's really no biggie. now, if were only so simple with bo. we're stuck on the same 'station' with him for the next 4 to 8 years. Suspect

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:37 am

CarolinaHound wrote:I've never listened to him much, but I rarely listen to radio at all. Try to find music when I do. I'm more of a Howard Stern type guy anyway. 🐶
i love howard stern. hey, he's funny! i don't have sirius so i haven't heard his show in years, but i'm guessing he's still rude and crude as ever, lol. pig

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:25 pm

I haven't heard Stern in awhile, but I hear he's still as raunchy.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:48 pm

Well Obama had no problem with going on the fluff show David Letterman did he? NO sitting President has ever done that have they? He and his wife have had no issue with associating themselves with Oprah Winfrey and Michelle had her little "in depth" chat on Orprah's show and White House tour which graces the cover of Oprah's magazine do they? And Michelle had no issue with doing the Larry King show back in February did she? And let's not forget Obama's ever so important appearance as a guest on the Ellen Show!! lmao Wow that was heddy! I could go on. So then, what does it say about a sitting President and his "First Lady" to have no issues with appearances with obvious Democratic talk show and with media persons and those that are pro Obama and yet when Rush makes a challenge and wants to debate/interview Obama....ooohhh it's Rush is an asshole day? I don't agree with everything Rush says and yeah he has an ego. Does this make his views less valid? Because actually, he is extremely knowledgeable person in the field of current events, politics and in world history. So what's the big deal? I'd like to see Obama challenged by someone with the intellect, knowledge and experience to do it frankly and someone who is now fawning and drooling over him in the bargain. I'd like to see a real interview that has nothing to do with them getting a dog, how they like the food at the White House and how they re-decorated their bedroom. lol Who the hell cares about that crap? These are serious time folks! And, for many people and businesses in this country, desperate times!

I think it's hysterical that the slanted pro Obama White House press machine has tried and failed to make Rush look like some sort of big Boogieman. It's obvious and lame. I have heard many debates and interviews that he has done with Polictical leaders a on various levels and enjoyed them. They were factual and intelligent. I don't see why this is such a big deal. When all you have to resort to is trying to denegrate "the other side", instead of stepping up to the plate and actually doing an interview/debate, what does this say about you?

"Should Barack Obama Debate Rush Limbaugh??

It has been leaked to the Politico that the Obama Administration has been targeting Rush Limbaugh to try and decrease his stature and influence among Conservatives. That is the reason you have been hearing all those news stories calling him the “face of the Republican Party” lately. (If you haven’t figured it out yet, the media is beyond bias to the point of actively working with Democrats but more on that later). It is also the reason why the media has been making such a big deal of Limbaugh’s statement that he hopes Obama fails. The hypocrisy on behalf of the media on that point is laughable.

So since Rush has been declared the head of the Republican Party by the head of the Democrat Party, why not have a debate? Rush called Obama out today on his radio show, asking the President to come on the show to discuss the issues with him. You must check that link out, just to see Rahm Emanuel in his ballerina outfit.

Rush’s point though is a good one. The Democrats are complaining that Rush has too much power over elected Republicans and the radio waves for that matter, keeping the country from moving forward and actually hoping the country fails along with Obama. So his offer provides a perfect opportunity for “The One” to discredit him in front of the country once and for all and to virtually get rid of any obstacles that would be in there way.

The problem there, however, is that is not how they want to get rid of Rush. The intent is to isolate Rush as a target, marginalize him, get his friends to distance themselves from him and polarize him into insignificance, before moving on to the next target. It is a big bet on behalf of the Administration thinking that something like this will work against someone like Rush. Bill Clinton, and Harry Reid have failed at such strategies against him, ending up with their reputations damaged more than his.

Rush points out that the media was outraged upon discovering that Richard Nixon had a list of enemies while President, yet they fail to show similar outrage when it is leaked that Obama has his own. With all of the problems facing the country domestically and internationally today, one would think the President would be more occupied with coming up with solutions rather than focusing on a radio talk show host. But if he insists on targeting Limbaugh, he could at least address these problems and compare his solutions to the “new leader of the Republican Party” by debating him face-to-face."

Gee, if Rush is just a blowhard what are the Democrats and Obama really afraid of?

“If these guys are so impressed with themselves, and if they are so sure of their correctness, why doesn't President Obama come on my show? We will do a one-on-one debate of ideas and policies,” Limbaugh said on his radio program Wednesday. “So let's have the debate! I am offering President Obama to come on this program — without staffers, without a TelePrompTer, without note cards — to debate me on the issues.” RL

Should Obama debate Rush Limbaugh? If he were extremely confident in selling his message of our government being the only entity that can help us in this time of crisis he should. We know this is what he preaches but does he believe it? In his first news conference in February he stated , "It is only government that can break the vicious cycle where lost jobs lead to people spending less money which leads to even more layoffs. And breaking that cycle is exactly what the plan that's moving through Congress is designed to do," referencing his stimulus bill. Is he willing to debate someone who has the belief it is government interference that led us into the economic crisis in the first place? Not likely since the facts are clearly on the side of large government helping us fail rather than succeed.

The problem when you start a fight is sometimes you may actually have to get involved in it. The White House has created this distraction and now it has turned from internal to the Republican Party to an external challenge allowing people to compare liberalism versus conservativism. People are smart. When the facts are clearly presented both historically and currently, liberalism is a failure. The two winners in all this will not be Emanuel or Obama who started the fight but Limbaugh, who has everything to gain, and a few people who will see through the smoke screen and listen to history's lessons regarding failed liberalism.

Last edited by Put It Out There Baby on Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:49 am; edited 7 times in total

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:49 pm

HotParadox wrote:if rush limbaugh were our current president of the united states of america, we'd be in a far better place than we are today. back in the day, it was popular to love rush and what he stood for. today, it's very cool to Hate Rush. i'm of the opinion that being cool is overrated.

I hated Rushbo before it was cool to hate him. I have to chuckle at the thought of him being president.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 1:54 pm

Theophilus wrote:
HotParadox wrote:if rush limbaugh were our current president of the united states of america, we'd be in a far better place than we are today. back in the day, it was popular to love rush and what he stood for. today, it's very cool to Hate Rush. i'm of the opinion that being cool is overrated.

I hated Rushbo before it was cool to hate him. I have to chuckle at the thought of him being president.

Hmmmm, I get out of bed everyday depressed, stressed and worried about who our current President is and his half assed, clueless policies, spending our asses into ten generations of debt and his total ineptness to lead this country or get us out of this economic sink hole while he keeps making himself and this country look like fools to the rest of the world and watching the government infiltrate itself even more into all of our pesonal lives where it has no business being.

Put It Out There Baby

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:04 pm

Put It Out There Baby wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Hmmmm, I get out of bed everyday depressed, stressed and worried about who our current President is and his half assed, clueless policies, spending our asses into ten generations of debt and his total ineptness to lead this country or get us out of this economic sink hole while he keeps making himself and this country look like fools to the rest of the world and watching the government infiltrate itself even more into all of our pesonal lives where it has no business being.

We can always vote him out, and we can change congress while Obama is still in office.

Well that is, if we still have a country at that time.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby on Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:20 pm

Vote him out??? In four more years it will be too late! The damage he has caused in only a few months is terrible and unbelieveable! It just gets worse by the damn day! By the time his Presidency is over, some of what he is setting into motion and plans to set into motion will never be rectified! This country will be changed forever and not for the positive!

Put It Out There Baby

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:18 pm

Theophilus wrote:

i always said you're the coolest of the cool! I love you

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer on Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:48 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Well don't chuckle to much buddy, he has a large following and I really don't want to see that happen .

Old Timer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Ok so you are saying I am not just overrated, but very overrated. LOL.

You made me laugh and brought a smile to my face with this post.

I am cool though. Maybe overrated, but cool non the less. Smile

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:23 pm

Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Well don't chuckle to much buddy, he has a large following and I really don't want to see that happen .

Heaven forbid. Makes one wonder how much trouble the republican party is in, when they come to this dirtbag for advice. I see you are very wise with what you posted. You know as well as I do, being a radio talk show host like Rushbo. You can say anything. When certain policies fail, the host can say things like "if they had only listened to me". There is no telling if they had followed his words things would of got better.
Of course he will portray it as being so. So he will tell his audience he was right, and they were wrong. He will say I know better than them.
Though of course no policies of his will be passed, because of course he is not in government. He has no responsibility except to the sponsors of his radio show, and the listeners who buy the products advertised.

Of course he knows to tell the people what they want to hear. Don't say the truth. It became only keeping the sponsors happy, and the listening audience buying products advertised on his program.

At this point he should of walked away from radio, or gone to a smaller network to express his true views. He had become a ho and he knew it. I am sure he was a very unhappy person at this point.

So now comes the drug abuse. OxyCotin. A very, very dangerous and addictive drug.

He did enough of it to cause him to go deaf for a while. He would of done it till it killed him given the chance.

Why?

Well for starters he felt he was above the law. I am sure he thinks he is better than the rest of us. Though the fact the worthless SOB is not in jail, when others would be for the same crime shows the injustice in this country.

Second as I said he was miserable. He betrayed himself. Only thing that could help was hard drugs to help dull the torment inside his mind.

He is still just as miserable as he ever was. Though now not so easy to get those drugs. He thought in his position he could do anything, and get away with it. In someways he did.

Though I am happy knowing that everyday that goes by in this worthless scum's life, he will want drugs. He will suffer tremendously everyday that goes by.

All the money he has, he will never enjoy.

Go on Rushbo, get more drugs. I liked you better when you where deaf.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:08 pm

Theophilus wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Ok so you are saying I am not just overrated, but very overrated. LOL.

You made me laugh and brought a smile to my face with this post.

I am cool though. Maybe overrated, but cool non the less. Smile

you're a 10! the hippest of the hip!

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:10 pm

Get a room... geezzz Rolling Eyes

lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:12 pm

i know! it's like frikken facebook!

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:21 pm

I don't think they even get that cheesy on myspace. tongue

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 on Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Heaven forbid. Makes one wonder how much trouble the republican party is in, when they come to this dirtbag for advice. I see you are very wise with what you posted. You know as well as I do, being a radio talk show host like Rushbo. You can say anything. When certain policies fail, the host can say things like "if they had only listened to me". There is no telling if they had followed his words things would of got better.
Of course he will portray it as being so. So he will tell his audience he was right, and they were wrong. He will say I know better than them.
Though of course no policies of his will be passed, because of course he is not in government. He has no responsibility except to the sponsors of his radio show, and the listeners who buy the products advertised.

Of course he knows to tell the people what they want to hear. Don't say the truth. It became only keeping the sponsors happy, and the listening audience buying products advertised on his program.

At this point he should of walked away from radio, or gone to a smaller network to express his true views. He had become a ho and he knew it. I am sure he was a very unhappy person at this point.

So now comes the drug abuse. OxyCotin. A very, very dangerous and addictive drug.

He did enough of it to cause him to go deaf for a while. He would of done it till it killed him given the chance.

Why?

Well for starters he felt he was above the law. I am sure he thinks he is better than the rest of us. Though the fact the worthless SOB is not in jail, when others would be for the same crime shows the injustice in this country.

Second as I said he was miserable. He betrayed himself. Only thing that could help was hard drugs to help dull the torment inside his mind.

He is still just as miserable as he ever was. Though now not so easy to get those drugs. He thought in his position he could do anything, and get away with it. In someways he did.

Though I am happy knowing that everyday that goes by in this worthless scum's life, he will want drugs. He will suffer tremendously everyday that goes by.

Tell me, which is worse. A radio host who you claim say what people want to hear, but at the end of the day the only effect is that he will or will not have listeners. OR a politician who tells people what they want to hear, but at the end of the day can effect each and every one of us for GENERATIONS to come. I got to believe the last honest president to sit in office may have been Carter, many before him and all after him are liars, ALL OF THEM. Why would you even care one bit what a worthless scum drug addict (your words) has to say when he cannot affect one policy, that will affect you or your family? Don't you think it would be more beneficial to look at the people deciding your future, who have already proved to be liars and the most greedy people on the face of the earth? Just curious

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey
Number of posts : 177
Job/hobbies : Harley Davidsons, flying, hunting
Humor : Thats not funny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox on Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:26 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I don't think they even get that cheesy on myspace. tongue
Yay, the puppy's back. love the puppy! I love you
you have the best avatar, no doubt! Cool Very Happy 🐶

HotParadox

Female

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:13 am

Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

Tell me, which is worse. A radio host who you claim say what people want to hear, but at the end of the day the only effect is that he will or will not have listeners. OR a politician who tells people what they want to hear, but at the end of the day can effect each and every one of us for GENERATIONS to come. I got to believe the last honest president to sit in office may have been Carter, many before him and all after him are liars, ALL OF THEM. Why would you even care one bit what a worthless scum drug addict (your words) has to say when he cannot affect one policy, that will affect you or your family? Don't you think it would be more beneficial to look at the people deciding your future, who have already proved to be liars and the most greedy people on the face of the earth? Just curious

True enough. I don't really disagree with what you said here. Though Rushbo does concern me. His followers are called "ditoheads".
Rush does have some pull. If I didn't think he presented a problem I would not say word one about him.

Actually he is not really the problem, all together.

The people who believe the nonsense he spews is the problem.

The followers of Rushbo need to be deprogramed as with any cult.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:26 am

Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

True enough. I don't really disagree with what you said here. Though Rushbo does concern me. His followers are called "ditoheads".
Rush does have some pull. If I didn't think he presented a problem I would not say word one about him.

So what your saying is "think my way or no way right? Everyone who disagrees with me is a cult, no?

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:38 am

Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

So what your saying is "think my way or no way right? Everyone who disagrees with me is a cult, no?

I still believe the real reason obama got elected comes from a line in the movie An American President. The line was spoken by Michael J. Fox. And I quote.

In the absense of genuine leadership, the American people will accept anyone that steps up to the microphone.

Old Timer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:28 am

Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

This is up going in a direction I am not comfortable with.

I'll just drop it, for now.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:34 pm

Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

Fair enough. Just tring to understand your thinking. But if you want to drop it then its your call. One thing before you go, you live in a very narrow minded life when you think anyone who doesn't think YOUR way is in need of "deprograming". Believing any politician that is a liar is a problem.

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 pm

If libs and Obama think Limbaugh is such a moronic windbag who is wrong and does nothing but pander to his listeners it should be easy for Obama to beat him in a debate. Why doesnt Obama actually debate Limbaugh who has actually been in the game on a national stage for far longer than Obama and just make Rush look like the simpleton they believe him to be and prove they are right to the whole world?

My guess is they know Limbaugh would wipe the floor with the boy wonder.

And if the president is too big to bother with Rush, why single him out? Answer: They know he is a threat to them in the arena of public opinion. So the idea that debating Rush is beneath the office of the president has been proven false by the actions of the administration. They have already started the debate by attacking him. Rush just offered a fair soultion that could have a tangible result. Rush believes enough in his opinons and ideas to offer to debate the POTUS, Rush is willing to put his career on the line. If he is beaten it could prove disastrous to his career.

If Obama really wants to discredit and marginalize Limbaugh, as the admins current actions seem to indicate, why not do it once and for all?

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Jax74 wrote:If libs and Obama think Limbaugh is such a moronic windbag who is wrong and does nothing but pander to his listeners it should be easy for Obama to beat him in a debate. Why doesnt Obama actually debate Limbaugh who has actually been in the game on a national stage for far longer than Obama and just make Rush look like the simpleton they believe him to be and prove they are right to the whole world?

And if the president is too big to bother with Rush, why single him out? Answer: They know he is a threat to them in the arena of public opinion. So the idea that debating Rush is beneath the office of the president has been proven false by the actions of the administration. They have already started the debate by attacking him. Rush just offered a fair soultion that could have a tangible result. Rush believes enough in his opinons and ideas to offer to debate the POTUS, Rush is willing to put his career on the line. If he is beaten it could prove disastrous to his career.

If Obama really wants to discredit and marginalize Limbaugh, as the admins current actions seem to indicate, why not do it once and for all?

I really do doubt that obama would do that because i think he knows he would lose rather badly.

Old Timer

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Terry05_99 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:15 pm

Jax74 wrote:If libs and Obama think Limbaugh is such a moronic windbag who is wrong and does nothing but pander to his listeners it should be easy for Obama to beat him in a debate. Why doesnt Obama actually debate Limbaugh who has actually been in the game on a national stage for far longer than Obama and just make Rush look like the simpleton they believe him to be and prove they are right to the whole world?

Looks like you need to be "deprogramed".... according to our friend Theo

Terry05_99

Male
Taurus Monkey

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Theophilus on Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:29 pm

Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Terry05_99 wrote:
Theophilus wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Theophilus wrote:

Why?

Fair enough. Just tring to understand your thinking. But if you want to drop it then its your call. One thing before you go, you live in a very narrow minded life when you think anyone who doesn't think YOUR way is in need of "deprograming". Believing any politician that is a liar is a problem.
I'll say one thing I certainly don't believe what most politicians say.

Theophilus

Male

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:26 pm

Rush is a hypocrit.
But I think a debate would still be fun.

However I'd like some guarantee that Rush wouldn't simply try the "I can speak louder than you" tactic that many talking heads use. If he's going to ask a question he actually has to listen to the anwer. None of this crap where he hears one word and immediately starts on some tirade about libruls.

On the other side of that, I'd like some guarantee that Obama will actually answer the questions asked.

Neither are likely to happen.
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jax74 on Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:51 pm

JReed wrote:Rush is a hypocrit.
But I think a debate would still be fun.

However I'd like some guarantee that Rush wouldn't simply try the "I can speak louder than you" tactic that many talking heads use. If he's going to ask a question he actually has to listen to the anwer. None of this crap where he hears one word and immediately starts on some tirade about libruls.

On the other side of that, I'd like some guarantee that Obama will actually answer the questions asked.

Neither are likely to happen.

Rush May be a hypocrit but so is Obama. In fact I consider Obama to be a flat out liar.

A debate between the two is never going to happen, I would be shocked if it did but Rush is not the type to just play the "I can speak louder than you" game, he doesnt have to. Obama has given him so much fuel to use I dont think Rush could even use all of it in a 2 hour debate. Sean Hannity tends to play that type of game at times but ive not heard Rush do it. He listens to what someone has to say and then most of the time destroys it. And he takes his time doing it. He may say things like "see folks, this is how liberals think" But then he takes the time to explain what hes talking about, why he feels they think that way and often times he will use previous incidents that have relevance to back up his opinions.

And in a situation like this no one has anything more than thier opinion. Rush only has his opinion, Obama only has his opinion.

I am a conservative so on many things I may agree with Rush Limbaugh although I certainly cant say I agree with him on everything or sometimes on the way he does things. But I think he would make Obama look like the silly, inept, incompetent socialist he is.

Jax74

Virgo Tiger
Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2009-03-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by JReed on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:02 pm

We're all hypocrits. Some just moreso than others.
Just like we're all liars. the only thing that varies is the degree.
JReed

Male
Number of posts : 112
Job/hobbies : Ironman
Registration date : 2009-02-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:33 pm

JReed wrote:We're all hypocrits. Some just moreso than others.

You aint lyin there bud. Wink Truer words have not been spoken.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) on Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:37 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

I second that!!! Cool
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound on Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:35 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

I second that!!! Cool

But are you lying? Suspect

I love you lol!

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down