Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

+14
Theophilus
PaulM
Susan aka CV
Kazza
Put It Out There Baby
luciano
Americanadian
Night-Reaper
Sir Bonvolio
Peregrine(Endangered)
CarolinaHound
coontie
Old Timer
HotParadox
18 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Empty RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:49 am

RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

I thought that we might try this and see how it works out.

Here's the deal:

If you find that you and another member(s) are really going mad off-topic, this is the place to take your off-topic discussions, just so we don't clutter up threads with a lot of random back-talk!

Nobody is going to flip out if you don't do this but if you find that you and another/others are going off on an extended personal/
unrelated tangent, then you might want to shoot it over here. bounce

Just a note. No one has complained to me about members going off-topic.
You can blame me alone for this! I just thought it was a fun/courteous idea. If most of you don't like this idea, speak up and I will remove this thread. I love you

Last edited by HotParadox on Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:09 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by Old Timer Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:59 am

OK, I'll go first. All of you that are madly in love with me and can't live without me please leave your name and call sign here. Now no pushing and shoving, there's plenty of room for all of ya. OK. Who's first? Very Happy

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718

Back to top Go down

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Empty Re: RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:22 am

I'll be polite and go last.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:27 am

Well, I've seen it expresed by some here that what somebody had to say was "off topic", such as that. However, I haven't seen that particular individual post any comment to the thread; even ON TOPIC. As well, as I have expressed before, whjy does someone expect any human conversations to remain excatly on topic, especially when a number of people are giving input to the conversation?
Sure it is good to allow the discussion of the topic to run it's course and be as thoroughly aired as particpants care to perform. However,, what's wrong with a seemingly off topic interjection at times? THose that care to remain on topic can pickup where the last ontopic remarks were made and continue there.
Otherwise, an idea: the originator can interject or state in red at the beginning of teir topic: 'NO OFF TOPIC COMMENTS PLEASE.'
As well, how many have noticed in ordinary conversations that the conversation commences pertaining to a particular topic and wanders in the course of discourse? That is just ordinary human communication circumstanes. If anyone doesn't like what's being discussed, as long as other are particpating and enjoying it, don't try to rain on their parade, or whatever.
ANyhow, other than the topic of this thread, it is a good place for gripers to vent their spleens! Razz
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat
Number of posts : 999
Job/hobbies : elect. engr., comp. sys. Astrologer, Horticulture
Humor : Yes...
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:45 am

Good post, coontie! I love you

I really don't like the idea of a thread starter to announce 'NO OFF TOPIC COMMENTS PLEASE.' People are going to wander, as you point out. This thread is simply for those who want to continue their tangent somewhere else. It's not mandatory, but if a Mod is of the opinion that the comments are way off subject or untoward, then that is when we may choose to put on our "Mod Hats"! Doesn't happen much though, as you will notice. We Mods hang pretty loose. Wink
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:56 pm

I think it's a good idea HP. You and I especially can go off topic quite easily just with our teasing and taunting of each other. All good natured and just having fun, but it can be annoying to some I'm sure.

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions E_3_11

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I suspect I know who complained but i quess its not a bad idea...we do tend to go off topic but thats human nature and what keeps alot of folks coming back. My motto is if you don't like how a certain topic is going...ignore it...I do that alot..I'm jus sayin!!!!
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake
Number of posts : 1132
Job/hobbies : Gardening, Birding
Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:24 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:I think it's a good idea HP. You and I especially can go off topic quite easily just with our teasing and taunting of each other. All good natured and just having fun, but it can be annoying to some I'm sure.

Yes. You are annoying.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:30 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:I suspect I know who complained but i quess its not a bad idea...we do tend to go off topic but thats human nature and what keeps alot of folks coming back. My motto is if you don't like how a certain topic is going...ignore it...I do that alot..I'm jus sayin!!!!
No. P, nobody has complained. Read my edit on my original post.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:19 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:I think it's a good idea HP. You and I especially can go off topic quite easily just with our teasing and taunting of each other. All good natured and just having fun, but it can be annoying to some I'm sure.

Yes. You are annoying.

Yea, but you love it or you'd ignore me rather than give as good as you get. Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 pm

You haven't gotten it as good as I get. Dream on.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:21 pm

Leave my dreams out of it. You don't want to go down that dark path.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:47 pm

I'm sure that, like you, they are as pure as the driven slush.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:36 pm

Nope, not even close. Some even scare Satan.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 pm

FYI, driven slush isn't pure.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:58 pm

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions K0098839
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:01 pm

You always have the coolest emoticons and images, P.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:41 pm

HotParadox wrote:FYI, driven slush isn't pure.

It is compared to some of the things I have in my head.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine(Endangered) Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:56 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Cartoon-ghoul I can imagine...it must be awfully dark in your head!!! Can you think in the dark? Very Happy Laughing
Peregrine(Endangered)
Peregrine(Endangered)

Female
Capricorn Snake

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:11 pm

Peregrine(Endangered) wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Cartoon-ghoul I can imagine...it must be awfully dark in your head!!! Can you think in the dark? Very Happy Laughing

"Without darkness, how can we see the light?"
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat
Number of posts : 315
Job/hobbies : Bar Manager
Humor : The darker the better
Registration date : 2009-02-22

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:38 pm

I'm tossing that one around in my head, Sir and I've got nothing, ohahahahai'msofreakinfunnyhaha. silent
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:44 pm

HotParadox wrote:I'm tossing that one around in my head, Sir and I've got nothing, ohahahahai'msofreakinfunnyhaha. silent

cheers

I love the fact you still put an apostrophy in!
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Please. I'm all about the apostrophes. That's what I do. I nit-pick small crap like that. And not only do I drive myself crazy in the process, but I could drive an entire country crazy with my useless attention to detail.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 pm

Hey, sir; did you get my link to the Recipe Swap thread? Go post some Fish 'n Chips or something else wrapped in unappetizing newspaper.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:08 pm

HotParadox wrote:Hey, sir; did you get my link to the Recipe Swap thread? Go post some Fish 'n Chips or something else wrapped in unappetizing newspaper.

I was actually debating sharing some of the recipes I picked up/invented/stole at work. Although it's all in my head, so writing out a method with measurements is nearly impossible... Some paprika, a bit of butter, dash of magic, etc.

Now, have you tried beer batter? (Homemade on fresh fish obviously?)

If you happen to be on facebook there is a group called 'I judge you when you use bad grammer', which would be right up your street I feel. (I'm all about correcting grammer, it's almost a reflex now!)

king
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm

HotParadox wrote:
RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

Here's the deal:

If you find that you and another member(s) are really going mad off-topic, this is the place to take your off-topic discussions, just so we don't clutter up threads with a lot of random back-talk!

Nobody is going to flip out if you don't do this but if you find that you and another/others are going off on an extended personal/

You can blame me alone for this! I just thought it was a fun/courteous idea. If most of you don't like this idea, speak up and I will remove this thread. I love you
Here is a nice idea from the #1 moderator, HP!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:17 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

With shades!!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:37 pm

HotParadox wrote:Please. I'm all about the apostrophes. That's what I do. I nit-pick small crap like that. And not only do I drive myself crazy in the process, but I could drive an entire country crazy with my useless attention to detail.

Boy aint that the truth right there, your pert near perfact aint cha? Wink

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

With shades!!

and shades are what colour so that we can see in the light?

Cool
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:38 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:Hey, sir; did you get my link to the Recipe Swap thread? Go post some Fish 'n Chips or something else wrapped in unappetizing newspaper.

I was actually debating sharing some of the recipes I picked up/invented/stole at work. Although it's all in my head, so writing out a method with measurements is nearly impossible... Some paprika, a bit of butter, dash of magic, etc.

If you happen to be on facebook there is a group called 'I judge you when you use bad grammer', which would be right up your street I feel. (I'm all about correcting grammer, it's almost a reflex now!)

king
That's funny! You definitely should post some of your stolen stuff. Guys always say stuff like "a pinch of...". We get it, so you should post some of them.

Ya, I make this batter with Guinness all the time, lol. I'm on facebook, so I'll have a peek and steal some of your stolen stuff, ohahaha.

[It's awesome that you are OCD about grammar, like me. Now, go correct your spelling mistakes. Never mind; I will: 'I judge you when you use bad grammer' grammar.
And while I'm at it, I may as well correct your punctuation, too. Wait. it's a two-fer: (I'm all about correcting grammer grammar , ; it's almost a reflex now!)]

*I'm in trouble, now... bounce *
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:39 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

Can't lie, that does sorta resemble me, cept I got me a beard.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king
That's funny! You definitely should post some of your stolen stuff. Guys always say stuff like "a pinch of...". We get it, so you should post some of them.

Ya, I make this batter with Guinness all the time, lol. I'm on facebook, so I'll have a peek and steal some of your stolen stuff, ohahaha.

[It's awesome that you are OCD about grammar, like me. Now, go correct your spelling mistakes. Never mind; I will: 'I judge you when you use bad grammer' grammar.
And while I'm at it, I may as well correct your punctuation, too. Wait. it's a two-fer: (I'm all about correcting grammer grammar , ; it's almost a reflex now!)]

See what you Dun started Sir?

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:41 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
RANDOM BACK-TALK

We're all guilty!affraid

Here's the deal:

Here is a nice idea from the #1 moderator, HP!
Why, thank you my dear Knight in Shining Armor. Wait. That would be 'Night' in Shining Armor. Oh, whatever. Thank you. I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:42 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king

wot a idgit i is.....'
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:43 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

It does resemble you, doggieboy; except, it has more of a human head then you.
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Bonvolio Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:45 pm

HotParadox wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

It does resemble you, doggieboy; except, it has more of a human head then you.

Revenge!
Sir Bonvolio
Sir Bonvolio

Male
Libra Cat

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:48 pm

HP when she was young....

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Lady7qf

Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:59 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:HP when she was young....

RANDOM BACK-TALK/Off-Topic Discussions Lady7qf

Very Happy

GASP!!! affraid
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:00 pm

Sir Bonvolio wrote:
HotParadox wrote:
Sir Bonvolio wrote:

king

wot a idgit i is.....'
Me too, but we're freaking rocket surgeons compared to doggieboy. Oh, Sir, this is the funniest story. On the other site where we came from (excuse me; from whence we came), there is this really awesome mod, SubJunk who became a really good friend of mine. Anyways, he is brilliant; like Kazza. There was this dude on the site that used to drive Sub nuts because the guy was...let's just say that they drove him to school in the short bus, if you know what I mean.
Anyways, Sub is a scientist and very, very brilliant. The short bus guy was debating science with Sub one time and, of course, sub was correct and the bus guy was off-the-wall-dopey. So, after much debating and Sub not getting through to this dude; he finally said to shorty, "I'm sorry. I can't help you understand where your error is so I'm done with this debate." The short bus guy goes, "OH, EXCUSE ME! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU HAD TO BE A ROCKET SURGEON TO DEBATE WITH YOU!!!"

And Sub goes to Shorty, "OH. AND I DIDN'T KNOW ROCKETS HAD SURGEONS!!!"

That was it; Sub was emailing me in two minutes flat and laughing his ass off. What a great guy that Sub is. He's a scientist and an atheist and we got along like two peas in a pod. afro santa

Last edited by HotParadox on Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by coontie Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:05 pm

[b]ALL THE ABOVE IS OFF- Razz TOPIC...
coontie
coontie

Male
Gemini Rat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next