Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa's Gratitude Cafe!

+4
Theophilus
Put It Out There Baby
HotParadox
lisan25
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Lisa's Gratitude Cafe! - Page 2 Empty Re: Lisa's Gratitude Cafe!

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 1:54 am

Theophilus wrote:
Put It Out There Baby wrote:

lisan25
lisan25

Female
Number of posts : 43
Job/hobbies : Job is taking care of the family. Hobbies? Reading, playing the piano, flute, and keeping up on politics.
Humor : I have none.
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by lisan25 Sat May 01, 2010 5:39 pm

lisan25
lisan25

Female
Job/hobbies : Job is taking care of the family. Hobbies? Reading, playing the piano, flute, and keeping up on politics.

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 6:36 pm

I cannot tell you how many hundreds of times I watched the dance at the rail station video. I had posted it on here a year or something ago in a dance thread I used to have on here. It is so joyous, so spontaneous (well for the passengers at the station and how it was presented, it was actually choreographed, rehearsed else where and worked on for 3 months before being presented there) and so much fun! I love the tall guy dancing in the front who looks a lot like John Lithgow. lol And I love the old, sweet looking woman that they show a few times who is just watching and completely marvels at this scene. I like that they had children and adults of all ages participating.

It's all about something extraordinary hapening in a very ordinary day. I love it! This is what Sue and I love with dancing. You can dance anywhere at anytime to any music and just do it for fun. Everyone always loves it and sometimes you get a few people joining in. That is the best part, when that happens.

I love love love that fricking video. lol

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Sat May 01, 2010 6:40 pm

Here is one they did at another rail station. It's not as good as the Julie Andrews dance performance but it is still pretty great,

lisan25
lisan25

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Put It Out There Baby Wed May 05, 2010 11:25 am

HotParadox wrote:I'm going to find that Best Buy one and post it on my FB as a nice follow-up. This whole thing with these guys and shirts/no shirts is too funny!
Just a test

Put It Out There Baby

Male
Number of posts : 585
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Tue May 18, 2010 10:32 pm

wil wrote:
Wll, what you have stated, is not correct. Did you actually bother to research this matter?
Thanx for the reprimand PIOTB...I guess we believe what we want to believe. Please post your videos showing the handler not manipulating the head/tusk...you may sway me yet. Right now...these pix that look like something fake and animal abuse.... the abstract ones where the elephants slap away like normal...I'll buy...but not this, not yet.

Quite alright...make up your own mind.

http://www.elephantartgallery.com/learn/authentic/spotting-fake-elephant-paintings.php

http://haepictures.wordpress.com/2009/05/28/o-magazine-features-elephant-not-painting/

I was at the Thai Elephant Conservation Centre where they do these paintings earlier this year.

Both you and PIOTB are right to some extent. The elephants don't draw the paintings themselves, they are trained to keep their trunk still and let the handler guide their head (although its only a light hand that they put on the elephants).

However, it's not as simple as you make it out to be. A choice needs to be made when it comes to these Elephants - they either make money, or they die. If they are left in the wild, then they usually end up being used for labor by loggers, and basically worked to death, or until they happen to step on a landmine.

The paintings and the shows for tourists are a compromise. The elephants do have to work and perform, but they are treated reasonably well by people who care about them. The Thai people know that this isn't ideal, but it's better than the alternative. It's hard for the government to justify money for elephant conservation when people are starving. The money raised by selling paintings and performing goes towards conservation (at least where I was, I don't know about the ones in the video).

The place where I saw the painting was also attached to the world's only elephant hospital. You may have seen them on TV or in documentaries - especially the very famous case where they built a prosthetic foot for an elephant that lost it by stepping on a landmine. This is where the money is going.

edit:

Oh, I didn't even realise that the link in your post is to the very place I'm talking about. I could upload photos of them doing the paintings, I may even have a video of it. This is the only one I've got online at the moment.

Lisa's Gratitude Cafe! - Page 2 16876_420483150045_862870045_10569498_6163619_n
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazza Tue May 18, 2010 11:32 pm

Wow, looks like I've missed a lot of excitement while I've been away from this site. Oh well.

And is that you in your avatar Lisa? Very hot Twisted Evil I know, I know. No innuendo. Just had to say, though.
Kazza
Kazza

Male
Number of posts : 342
Job/hobbies : Physicist
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by xshivx Wed May 19, 2010 7:28 am

xshivx
xshivx

Female
Taurus Horse
Number of posts : 1115
Job/hobbies : i work as a lobby hostess at mcdonalds, my hobbies are, singing, dancing, playing the drums, writing
Humor : a bit of everything
Registration date : 2009-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum