Talk Us Down
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Off the clock

+2
Old Timer
Night-Reaper
6 posters

Go down

Off the clock Empty Off the clock

Post by Night-Reaper Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:38 pm

Here is a sceanrio: If an employee tells his/her employer that he/she doesn't feel well and that they are unable to complete their shift and that they need to leave early. That employer OK's it for that employee to leave early. However, the employee was actually lying to get off early. If that employee that got off early goes to a store or restarant or whatever and is seen by their co-worker or boss, should that employee who lied get in trouble when they return back to work or is there is no grounds for getting in trouble because that employee can do what ever they like off the clock?

I was involved in a situation like this one before. The employer tried to reduce my hours because I lied about my reason for wanting to get off early, but it didn't work. Personally, I beleive once an employee is clocked off, they can do whatever they want to do. The company they work for can't say anything.
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male
Number of posts : 832
Humor : being a wise cracker
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Off the clock Empty Re: Off the clock

Post by Old Timer Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:46 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:Here is a sceanrio: If an employee tells his/her employer that he/she doesn't feel well and that they are unable to complete their shift and that they need to leave early. That employer OK's it for that employee to leave early. However, the employee was actually lying to get off early. If that employee that got off early goes to a store or restarant or whatever and is seen by their co-worker or boss, should that employee who lied get in trouble when they return back to work or is there is no grounds for getting in trouble because that employee can do what ever they like off the clock?

I was involved in a situation like this one before. The employer tried to reduce my hours because I lied about my reason for wanting to get off early, but it didn't work. Personally, I beleive once an employee is clocked off, they can do whatever they want to do. The company they work for can't say anything.

If an employee of mine did that to me I would simply tell them that their services are no longer required.

Old Timer

Male
Number of posts : 4718
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:15 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:Here is a sceanrio: If an employee tells his/her employer that he/she doesn't feel well and that they are unable to complete their shift and that they need to leave early. That employer OK's it for that employee to leave early. However, the employee was actually lying to get off early. If that employee that got off early goes to a store or restarant or whatever and is seen by their co-worker or boss, should that employee who lied get in trouble when they return back to work or is there is no grounds for getting in trouble because that employee can do what ever they like off the clock?

I had an aunt pass away a few years back. I had arranged with my manager to work an early shift so I could get off and have time to go to her funneral. The guy who was to work the later shift came in and worked an hour then said he was sick and needed to go home. He was hung over, you could still smell the beer on him. Anyway, the manager sent him home and I had to stay and close. I missed my aunts funneral and I worked a 4 am to 9 pm shift. I was a bit irritated, so I stopped by a bar on my way home. Sure enough there was his. "I don't feel good" butt, getting drunk again. The bartender told me he'd been there since she came in.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one NR. When you do that somebody else get's screwed and has to cover your work, or your employer gets screwed by your job not getting done. I think they should have every right to give your hours to someone that's proven they'll be there when they're suppose to. The only exception would be if you requested that time off ahead of time and the company, unreasonably, refused to work out the shedule so you could get off.

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster
Number of posts : 4843
Job/hobbies : Being loveable me.
Humor : yes

http://www.bassbucknbirdhunter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 am

I fired 3 people for the exact same reason when I was a manager at 2 large retail stores-Eddie Bauer and Wilson's Leather. I would fire your lying ass, too. Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female
Number of posts : 4051

Back to top Go down

Post by Qi123 Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:38 pm

All Hail Boss Lady Paradox!

Qi123

Male
Pisces Rat
Number of posts : 281
Humor : Hahaha
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:05 pm

Qi123 wrote:All Hail Boss Lady Paradox!
Ok, that's my next new signature! I gotta keep you guys in line! Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by par84forme Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:43 pm

My favorite from several years ago.

I left a few minutes early to go to an appointment. Two of my employees decided it would be a good idea to sneak out early since I had already left for the day.

The only problem with that strategy was the the employees passed me on the interstate.

I 'counseled' them the next day, not for leaving early, but for being stupid.
par84forme
par84forme

Male
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:44 pm

par84forme wrote:My favorite from several years ago.

I left a few minutes early to go to an appointment. Two of my employees decided it would be a good idea to sneak out early since I had already left for the day.

The only problem with that strategy was the the employees passed me on the interstate.

I 'counseled' them the next day, not for leaving early, but for being stupid.

Beautiful,--------- old saying : Be good, and if you can't be good, be careful so ya don't et caught.

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:16 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:

I had an aunt pass away a few years back. I had arranged with my manager to work an early shift so I could get off and have time to go to her funneral. The guy who was to work the later shift came in and worked an hour then said he was sick and needed to go home. He was hung over, you could still smell the beer on him. Anyway, the manager sent him home and I had to stay and close. I missed my aunts funneral and I worked a 4 am to 9 pm shift. I was a bit irritated, so I stopped by a bar on my way home. Sure enough there was his. "I don't feel good" butt, getting drunk again. The bartender told me he'd been there since she came in.

I'm afraid I can't agree with you on this one NR. When you do that somebody else get's screwed and has to cover your work, or your employer gets screwed by your job not getting done. I think they should have every right to give your hours to someone that's proven they'll be there when they're suppose to. The only exception would be if you requested that time off ahead of time and the company, unreasonably, refused to work out the shedule so you could get off.

OK you do bring up a valid point.
Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:20 pm

HotParadox wrote:

I fired 3 people for the exact same reason when I was a manager at 2 large retail stores-Eddie Bauer and Wilson's Leather. I would fire your lying ass, too. Very Happy
Just I told CH, that he has a valid point. Twisted Evil However, some people will do anything to get out of work for the rest of the day, without thinking about the consecqences of putting their work load on their co-workers. But you wouldn't have to worry HP, I'd never do that to you. Evil or Very Mad
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:15 pm

Aww, you're sweet N-R! I love you
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:25 pm

HotParadox wrote:Aww, you're sweet N-R! I love you

Oh sure, a little sweet talk and everything is fine. You was ready to fire his butt awhile back. fickle! Razz Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:20 am

CarolinaHound wrote:

Oh sure, a little sweet talk and everything is fine. You was ready to fire his butt awhile back. fickle! Razz Laughing

Well what do you expect Dawg. Afterhe is a female ya know and they do things like that. lol I love you

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:19 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Well what do you expect Dawg. Afterhe is a female ya know and they do things like that. lol I love you

True... very true. Rolling Eyes Laughing

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:11 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Guess where we are going. lol

Image hosted by servimg.com

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

HP is great, what did you expect.
Twisted Evil
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:57 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Twisted Evil

Off the clock Brownnoser
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:05 pm

CarolinaHound wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

Twisted Evil

Off the clock Brownnoser

Jealous???
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Yes. Very Happy

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:12 pm

You guys with the jokes, keep me laaaauuughing lol!!!

Except for you 2 and you know who you are. Why can't you be nice like N-R??? Very Happy
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

NO way. I'm putting you guys right were I can see you when I'm cooking. In fact I have a special one just for you 2 and if you get naughty, I'm tossing you on the top level.

Off the clock 091008k
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:04 pm

HotParadox wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:
Old Timer wrote:
CarolinaHound wrote:

NO way. I'm putting you guys right were I can see you when I'm cooking. In fact I have a special one just for you 2 and if you get naughty, I'm tossing you on the top level.

Off the clock 091008k

That's just mean. Best watch out NR. Looks like HP takes "you're fired" too a whole new level. affraid

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by HotParadox Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:24 am

hehehe! cherry
HotParadox
HotParadox

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:28 am

HotParadox wrote:hehehe! cherry

Does this mean that I get the " HOT SEAT " Very Happy

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Night-Reaper Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:51 pm

Old Timer wrote:

Off the clock Hot_seat
It sure does OT, and here's your hot seat!
Night-Reaper
Night-Reaper

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Timer Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:44 pm

Night-Reaper wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

Off the clock Hot_seat

Now that looks like fun

Old Timer

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by CarolinaHound Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:53 pm

Old Timer wrote:
Night-Reaper wrote:
Old Timer wrote:

Off the clock Hot_seat

Now that looks like fun

Suspect

CarolinaHound

Male
Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down